Does anyone have polyps in uterus and should they be removed?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies,

I had my 5th trans-vaginal ultrasound yesterday as I have been having them fairly regularly over the last 18 months due to spotting. This is the first one that has shown up a very small (5mmx2mm) polyp in my uterus. Has anyone has these and not had a hysteroscopy and D&C to take it out and have the lining tested for cancers? My Gyno says its very low chance of it being cancerous and that I can just wait and see, but what do you ladies think? I do believe that I am perimenopausal so I'm guessing could be part of peri. My pap smear recently came back clear, though I have had some HPV (but not the ones they look out for) in my system previously. I do want to try and avoid a general anesthetic as they really mess with my migraines and head pressure/dizziness etc. Any advice?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

YES! They are very common in women our age and very rarely cancerous. I had a D and C, had one removed (bc I am a worrier) and it was benign. Please try not to worry. They are really nothing to worry over. xo Heidi

• Posted

Thank you Heidi for your reply, it definitely gives me some comfort x

• Posted

i had mine removed during a hysteroscopy. i had mine dine in the gynae clinic at the hospital. i didn't have a general . it was uncomfortable but ok

• Posted

I'll have to ask my Gyno about this as she just said it would be day surgery, hopefully this is an option for me too. Thank you 😃

• Posted

i left mine for a few years then got fibroids also, so this resulted in an hysterectomy at 39 i had clear smear tests (uk) but got told after opp there was a high chance it would have turned into cancer if left any longer so get rid as soon as you can it got to the point i was flooding every month and could not even go out the house my periods were ruining my life big hugs xx

• Posted

You poor thing, sounds terrible. I haven't had too many other symptoms like heavy bleeding, so she said we could wait and see. But maybe I need to just bite the bullet and have it done. Thanks for sharing your story x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.