Does anyone have skin sensitivity after having shingles?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't know if the two are related. But I feel as though after having been diagnosed with shingles my skin is super sensitive. I feel itchy at times when I havent even had a break out. Sometimes at night I can't sleep because any little fabric touches my skin and I get a sense of creepy crawly feelings. Anyone else have same issue?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Is this the exact same location as the shingles? How long after the last rash disappeared does it last? Has the sensation never completely disappeared? Is it the same sensation as the shingles rash?
    • Posted

No not in same location. Its all over...arms, stomach, legs, back...etc . I wash my sheets frequently because I can't stand the feeling. Not same sensation as shingles rash. Was just curious if anyone noticed sensitivity on skin after being diagnosed with shingles.
    • Posted

No, but you certainly have a hypersensitivity to something. If you have eczema, I would avoid using any detergent, soap, or lotion with perfume or dyes. I am allergic to many detergents and soaps and use hypoallergenic detergents and soaps. I am also allergic to Sulfites and grapes, which caused me about 3 years of suffering before I figured it out..
  • Posted

I can relate to Adrianab.

I was one of the unfortunate people who contracted shingles twice, & now I am having a severe sensitivity, even on my head.

I am itchy, feels like my skin is crawling and feels almost like walking through cobwebs on my head..

When I stand in the light, you can see redness on my face like patchy rash.

And the site where I 1st discovered the shingles is super sensitive, & everyday fabrics still irritate it..

Whilst I had the shingles I could not even wear clothing at Al and had frozen hot water bottles laying on my skin to try to alleviate my discomfort, & now it seems I am stuck with this sensitivity. .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.