Does anyone have SVT and VT?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've had SVT for a long time and manage it fine along with all the ectopics, palpitations and PVCs and short runs which I ignore. 

Yesterday I had a brief episode where I felt some irregular hard pounding in my chest followed by rising warmth (similar to having adenosine) and when it hit my head extreme dizziness which almost pushed me off my feet. I had to hang onto the bench in front of me while it passed.   I wasn't in SVT at the time and I've never experienced this before.  My heart settled within about 5 seconds and then I was fine.   I had an ECG later which was normal.

Has anyone with SVT experienced this?  It was quite different to anything I've had before.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have had different things like brian zap and other stuff... thats all anxiety doing this.... just ignore and keep enjoying the life.
    • Posted

Definitely not anxiety.  I was in the middle of something, happy and relaxed when it hit.  I'm well used to all the normal sensations of SVT and all the stuff that goes with it and in 35 years I've never experienced this.

• Posted

Hi,

I sleight touch of atrial fibrillation?

A lumpy idle so to speak. I had it once and was ablated once soon after.

SVT was my normal issue had it for 8 years ish but this AF is whole different kettle of fish.

• Posted

Possibly.  Whatever it is only went for a few seconds.  I've read somewhere about SVT ablation leading to AF too which is one of the reasons I'm reluctant.

• Posted

my mum has AF, she's had it 10 years she had to have a cardioversion. she's been on atenolol & cartia 10 years which is controlling it

• Posted

what you were feeling was svt, the other arrythmias tend to keep going. svt starts and stops abruptly so thats how you know which one you have. I've had svt 18 years, I do get atrial flutter but that doesn't stop so you see what I mean. in a way its good if your getting svt because is harmless, svt is only a problem if it runs too many hours and mine used to run for 15 hours thats why i'm metoprolol twice daily. svt attacks can be mild or severe feels like the heart in banging and if its going to fast it can cause dizziness, chest pain, vomiting (in rare cases), in my case I would get diarroeh during a long attack but by the time you try to get it recorded it can disappear once the cause of it has gone. svt is referred to as a medical, I'm not having the ablation because it don't work and I could make it worse and risks involved are very dangerous

• Posted

Thanks Penny.  What I was feeling was not SVT.  As I said, I have SVT and have had for a very long time.  Most of my SVT episodes need adenosine but sometimes I do get 5 second runs of SVT or possibly but there's no way it feels like this did. I know the dizziness of SVT very well and I know the mild Vs severe episodes.  

• Posted

Annie,

I have a Kardia device that I purchased on Amazon. You can use it anytime you need to to record an heart episode your having. If will tell you exactly what’s gojng on. I decided to get one bc my episodes were absent when I had on the 24 hr monitors. 

• Posted

That's very interesting. Is it similar to a full 12-lead ECG, or just one lead?

• Posted

It’s small and rectangular..it has two electrodes on it that you put your thumbs on and hold it. 
  • Posted

So is it correct that you believe that was an episode of VT? In that case, then, yes, I might have it as well. I frequently have spells of severe dizziness, sort of "blacking out" where I feel like I'm about to pass out. Also yes I had irregular heart pounding the other day but I put it down to AFib. It was very uncomfortable and very unlike SVT. 

Maybe try wearing a Holter monitor to see if it catches this again?

• Posted

Yes I think it's possible.  If I start having more of them I will definitely do something about monitoring.  24 hours never seems to be long enough but I think the 7 day event monitors are a good idea - it might be something you could ask your Dr about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.