Does anyone have the same feelings as me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi currently suffering a episode of depression does anyone ever feel like they want to slam the door shut behind them and run away and keep running! I have this thought all the time I have a celebration coming up and I just basically want to sleep it away or run I don't want any fuss at all just don't feel up to celebrating!I so wanna run but don't know where I would go and to be honest I won't be able to leave my depression and o.c.d behind I'll have to take it with me!is it just me or do other people feel like running away too!No one listens when I say this or gets me any help would be appreciated thank you!Pene x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Penelope.

I think alot of people can relate to this. I can definately. I find that runnung away can make it worse. I've been told several times (plus read) that running away from problems just conditions your mind to believe that it is ok and can make it worse. Its kind of a problem I have. I have trouble in work and constantly distract myself to make myself feel better but eventually I'll always have to face the problem anyway and when I do there are normally a few problems stacking up. Usually I end up kicking myself and thinking "why didn't I sort this sooner" Sometimes its better to try and get through the event as best we can.The only way I can do this is by forcing myself to and concentrating on how happy I'll be once it has passed. I dont know if this is the right thing to do but it sometimes helps me.

• Posted

Hi thank you for your reply I will face it head on and get through it I think your right I tend to let things mount up and then I have loads of stuff In my head the o.c.d doesn't help to be honest as my thoughs go from small things to major ones will need to try distraction techniques so i'm not thinking about it all the time it's made worse by the fact I ill at the moment and have other health issues!Thank's again pene
  • Posted

Hi Penelope

Yes I have felt like running away before. I was at a stage where I just felt like I couldn't take anymore of dealing with depression, I was fed up of having to go to all the different doctors appointments, fed up of having to talk about it with everyone, having people ask me how I was feeling and just having to tell them that I felt fine because I didn't want a big conversation about it, and so on. I just felt that if I left, that I could just leave it all behind, that I wouldn't have to talk about any of it anymore.

But then obviously I realised that this idea wouldn't be helpful, the depression would still be there, and then I would be alone and unable to deal with it, I'd cause stress to my friends and family, and in turn this would cause me stress knowing they were worried and upset. I didn't want to let everyone down. So I stayed and went back to my doctor again to tell them that I wasn't coping. Two months on from the plan to run away I am feeling so much better!!

Good to hear you are going to face it head on, and get through your problems, you will do it smile and there's no harm in admitting that you need help if you go to the doctors.

• Posted

The same thing happens to me. Minor things feel like mountains and major things, well, I distract my self so I dont have to think about them. Its wrong to do that though but I've got myself into this horrible habit and cant seem to get out of it again. I hope it works out well for you. After the celebration you'll be able to relax and no doubt wonder what all the fuss was about. I know thats how I would be anyway. Take care
  • Posted

not always but I get this from time to time when I find myself in a crowd of people or sometimes just three or four. I usually do run and hide until they are gone or at least I can avoid them. I am sorry for your pain.

• Posted

Thanks sunset you just described exactly the way I am feeling just now actually run and hide away have locked myself away for 3months before didn't answer my door,a text or a phone call just wanted to be alone I also get sick of talking about my feeling and how they effect me I do have good family and friends but sometimes I feel the loneliest person in the world I don't want to talk to them I feel i'm upsetting and worrying them have been for counselling but sometimes hold back things that I think about as I don't want to go into hospital I plastered a smile on and kid on everything is rosy I can also relate to you QAcab you have described me as well to a t little thoughts go to major catastrophes!I also worry about silly wee things I hope I can get through this just not great at all at the moment!Mtm I also do that I can only speak to my group of friends or my family anyone else is a major problem the anxiety starts and I want to head for the door or hide in a corner I can't talk to people I just get totally flustered and blabber rubbish!I feel your pain too!think a wee trip back to my doc is in order thank you all for your help!Pene x
  • Posted

Yeah I did the same thing. I didn't leave the house for a long time, other than to go to appointments. I wouldn't even go into the garden because I'd worry about seeing neighbours and having to speak to them when I didn't want to speak to anybody. I know the feeling of feeling safer when you are alone at home, where you know you won't have to talk to anybody. I have good friends and family too but still I feel that I can't really talk to them, not about everything and I can't be 100% honest with them. It is good to talk to someone who isn't close to you, so you can feel that they aren't judging you or that what you say isn't going to upset them.
  • Posted

sunset, I feel the more you say the more I can identify with you. I have those exact same feelings. I just wonder why do I care what others are thinking or saying. Why do I care so much? I have no answers just know I feel the same way. Mine gets a little worse. I was always afraid of doctors too but only if they were in their medical office or practice. I got over that a little and found me a doctor I really liked and was able to talk to and visit with. However now its time to go back for a check up and I find the fear is back. I go into complete panic mode. I have canceled three appointments already. Not sure what I am going to do now

• Posted

Yeah I had a massive problem with going to the doctors initially too. I had a friend come with me the first few times, it's the only way I would go, I cancelled the first appointment I made, because I didn't want to have to talk about it. Had huge fears about what would happen etc.

I have been taking mirtazapine for 3 months now, and I am feeling much better lately. I used to find that my main fear about going to the doctor would be me having to say what was wrong and what the problems were, I used to fear the bit where you go in and they say "so what's brought you here today?" and then I would have to talk and tell them what was wrong. I started writing it down in a list on a piece of paper to hand to the doctor, I found it easy this way, It made me feel more prepared and took away the fear of talking to the doctor, also made sure I didn't forget any information for the doctor. My doctor didn't mind at all and said it was very helpful for me to have written everything down like that, you mind find it helpful for you to try that.

• Posted

Hi today I feel like crap im on 30mg mirtazapine last two days were not to bad, cant wait for them to kick in im on my third day after changing from 15mg. Today though I was having realy bad thoughts which I dont want to have, anyone else feel like that sometimes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.