Does anyone have the same symptoms or know what this is

Posted , 5 users are following.

I get numb fingertips and pins and needles

My fingers and hands are swollen stiff painful.

This travels up to my shoulders.

I am tired all the time.

And I have unexplained bruising

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You may wish to consider Reynaud's Disease can be a precursor to Rheumatoid arthritis

• Posted

Reynauds Disease is a circulatory problem that may occur on its own or may be part of another systemic disease. (frequently seen with Lupus). I have this and experience pain and severe color changes in my fingers and toes due to the blood flow being temporarily restricted. Numbness and pins and needles has not been a symptom of that issue.
  • Posted

Numbness and pins and needles indicates nerve involvement; possibly a pinched nerve around the shoulder. I have periphrial neuropathy and get these nerve sensations plus many other sensory symptoms. Your other symptoms may or may not be related to this.
  • Posted

The doctor did a blood test but that came back fine. Been back to the doctors several times they put me on naproxen but still in a lot of pain and lots of bruises are appearing.

• Posted

Hi Shelley,

This is a carpel tunnel problem. The carpel bones in the wrist compress the Median nerve. I have suffered this in both hands.  I am waiting for surgery on my right hand.

If you google Carpel Tunnel Syndrome you can find out more details. Your GP should refer you to the hospital to have it checked out in the Neuropathy department.

You can try wearing a wrist strap in the interim, (available from a good chemist make sure they fit it so its not too tight) stops you pinching the nerve so much when you bend your wrist, Best of luck

• Posted

Classic symptoms of vitamin B 12 deficiency. Do see your doctor of course but even your doctor doesn't address this you can't hurt yourself by making sure you have adequate B 12. many people can't absorb it through the gut which results in many people having too little. Sublingual is best for absorbtion but you may be severely deficient in which case you should get shots for a while. My mother had to start with one a week and eventually did one a month but her doctor kept her on that plan ongoing because she apparently didn't absorb enough otherwise.

• Posted

These days even spas and salons which have a nurse on staff offer b12 shots so you can go get one for about 25.00 each time. My brother had those exact symptoms and they did a neck fusion on him which didn't help the pins and needles, aching and burning sensation from neck to fingers. The B12 has helped him a lot but he had to get enough into his system. He didn't have the bruising with it but one of my friends did and her doctor was savvy enough to check her b12 levels before going on to the multiple other larger issues that are possible. RA could also be present but best to check the simple things first!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.