Does anyone have these symptoms?!? Pictures included

Posted , 11 users are following.

I developed a random intense itch back in Feb 2020 on my upper labia majora around the clitoris area but where the hair grows. It was pretty intense and felt good if I scratched it like when you scratch a mosquito bite. It then turned into a moderate itch that spread down the left side of my labia majora. Ever since then i have tried 1% hydrocortisone and lotrimin. The antifungal helped a little bit but 5 months later I am still experiencing an itchy prickly feeling over my labia majora. It kinda feels like when you shave down there and the hair starts growing back. Irritating af! I seem to only notice this itchy prickly irritating feeling when I walk and the skin rubs together or when there is friction to the area like when my clothes rubs up on the skin. If im sitting down I dont really notice any itching. My labia majora will feel dry almost like i have cuts or tears on the skin and it'll sting/itch in certain spots and I'll scratch it, but when I look I see nothing there. I initially thought maybe I was having an allergic reaction even though I had not changed anything in my routine. I decided to change soaps, stop using pantyliners, change toilet paper and even stopped using soap down there. Nothing made a difference. I tried using coconut oil for a bit and didnt really notice anything either.

The itching is mild now compared to when it started however I experience symptoms everyday. Somedays I hardly notice it and somedays the itchy prickling sensation drives me crazy along with the random stinging/itchy spots! Recently I have developed a sore itchy spot towards the bottom of my labia majora on my left side that seems to flare up even more when Im sitting down for too long. Sometimes I will also get a random itch on my inner labia near my vaginal opening but not actually inside my vagina.

I have attached some pictures outlining the itchy areas and showing a close up of the wrinkled skin. I feel like parts of my skin look wrinkled and/or thinned out but I dont necessarily seen any white patches like you typicallyimage do with lichen sclerosus which has me stumped. image

Has anyone experienced similar symptoms to mine and found out they had lichen sclerosus?? Any input would be greatly appreciated because this has been driving me insane for the past 5 months!

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I had something almost identical happen around late may 2021 (currently mid aug). Intense itching that felt good to scratch in the same areas without white patches or any visible rash, just red irritation after scratching it a lot. Haven't had that dry feeling or soreness, but everything else sounds very similar to my symptoms. I tried Lotrimin and other generic anti fungal creams and they kind of worked but I'd end up scratching them off and it was really moist down there with it on. (I live in a humid hot place and this summer's been brutal so that was definitely a factor). I started thinking it wasn't fugal at that point and started worrying it was lichen sclerosus or something but wanted to try with the anti fungal again before going to a dr.

What made it go away completely was Walgreen's generic jock itch and athlete's foot powder. I went with the directions for jock itch treatment and aggressively powdered that area twice a day (or more if I was sweaty/post shower) for two weeks along with wearing dresses/nightgowns/cotton leggings commando. About day nine or ten I could go a full day without itching or prickly feeling. Not sure if it was actually the powder form itself that cured it, or if it was just more tolerable and I could stick with the routine better. I was treating mild athletes foot between my toes before all this started and I now wonder if I had somehow accidentally spread it? Hope this helps, I know how aggravating the itching can be!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm literally stunned by looking at your pictures and reading about your symptoms. I am suffering from the exact issue, and my symptoms too started last year. Also, my skin looks identical, with the weird wrinkled appearance. Tbh, the itching and discomfort is very upsetting and i also thought it may initially be due to allergies.

I'm hoping to see a doctor soon, but with covid its very difficult. I hope you managed to get some professional help, and please do share some advice.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dear Difficult,

Don't know if you're on here any more but when I look at your pics, all I see is a slight whitening. Itch, wrinkling, and whitening are LS symptoms but we don't know yet what this is. Keep a watchful eye and let's see. Coconut oil, castor oil, Vit E topically and then oral Vit D every day. Watch the skin for changes. Let us know. best. biscuit

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

In a way Im so glad to see this. Ive been freaking out wondering what suddenly changed in my life. Ive always seemed to have a skin rash or whatever in this area but its never bothered me really. And this last year i had to see the dr. to have a piercing removed. (long horror story) but ever since the area you have circled has become my nightmare. It itches sooooo bad and creams even like nystatin barely seem to help. it gets to the point of painful by the end of the day because my clothes rub, or my lips rub themselves ( im a bit of a big girl but not overly) . i keep trying to get the nerve to go back to the doctor but am somehow so uncomfortable describing this problem..

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up