Does anyone have withdrawal info on Nortriptyline???

Posted , 29 users are following.

I was on Nortriptyline for a year for migraine prevention.  I found it was making me extremely tired and my heart race.  I unfortunatelly stopped it two weeks ago abruptly.  Does anyone know how long wtihdrawal symptoms last for.  Still feel jumpy, brain zaps, insomnia and headache. Any help would be so appreciated.

2 likes, 68 replies

68 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It would seem that with an abrupt stop...the symptoms come on faster and what also is a important factor is if there are other medications being taken as well. I've been on Nortrip for about 3 years stopped twice like your self I had some strange things happen I am at 50 mg at night so I'm kinda up there that also depends on the side effects of withdraw...

• Posted

I've gotten off of nortriptyline fully, I was on it for chronic pain in my abdomen, but ive gotten killer headaches, did anytjing help you guys? its so bad

• Posted

How long have you been off? My abrupt withdraw lasted about eight days. The only thing that worked for me was Excederine Migraine and an occasional Pepsi when I had nausea. Knock on wood, I've been off almost 2 years and maybe had 3 or 4 migraine during that time. As opposed to the 7 or 8 a month I was having.

Hope it helps and you feel better soon!!

Jackie

PS....make sure you take it with a meal or milk. It gives me a belly ache if taken on an empty stomach

• Posted

thanks! I've been off completely for about a month, and never got these headaches before, but I was on nortriptyline for close to a decade and started as a kid. thanks for the tips, I'll give them a try

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.