Does anyone hear heart beating in ears

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I am having palpitations and constant feeling of heart beat in my ears.  GP ruled out heart problems and said palpitations are a symptom and not to worry, but a symptom of what, to which she replied she did not know.  So I with no help from GP am left googling and just wondered it was related to a really bad bout of vertigo I had a couple of years ago where I was hospitalised as I could not stand up. When I think back I have not felt right since then, I am constantly woozy and quite often when walking lurch to the left, I also get dizzy when walking for long periods and feel like I am in a lift, I suddenly feel like I am dropping down as if walking down a hole, I also feel faint and a bit sick. My vision is a bit off and I get a lot of headaches at the base of my skull and on the top, which my GP said is probably being caused by migranes, I do not believe I have them, I do have arthritis in the top of my neck due to many years typing, also a bit strange but I put my finger in my hear and pop it I feel a bit better, so am now left wondering if the heart banging is due to my ears and not heart.  I am 57 female and live in UK. Any thoughts appreciated.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Do you have high blood pressure?
    • Posted

Hi, my GP say's I have white coat syndrome in that it is high when first checked but is normal the second time.  The trouble is that when you only get 10 minutes with the GP it is so hard to put across what you are experiencing, then you see a different GP and it all starts again.  I have had tests on heart so now will have to go and try to get some more done on ears etc.  Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.