Does anyone know an MD that will keep me on my Bio-identical TRT with prostate cancer gleason 6

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on testosterone replacement therapy with bio-identical testosterone for 15 years and am essentially bed ridden without it. I need to find an MD that understands their own research and knows that prostate cancer is not fueled by testosterone as long as you stay in the normal range. In fact the research shows that low testosterone can make prostate cancer aggressive, and if I can’t find an MD to prescribe it because of their fear and stupidity, then this could make the cancer worse. I will sign any legal forms to show I will not hold the MD liable. Thanks for any help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You bring up an important debate in the science. BPH and prostate cancer are diseases of ageing men when their testosterone levels begin to fall. But, the science of both attribute the prostate issues to dihydrotestosterone or DHT. I have seen articles about this debate before.

So, you are saying that your natural levels of testosterone are so low that you need a testosterone supplement otherwise you are bed ridden? I don't believe this issue has ever come up here before - at least, I haven't seen it.

You should contact the advanced research centers such as John's Hopkins or Cleveland Clinic or the Mayo Clinic and attempt to get a consultation with one of their top urologists since they are the best in the field. You might be able to get some answers over the phone.

• Posted

I'm contacting everyone at this point. i have severe hypogonadism to the point where 1 testicle sometimes i cant find it. my testosterone level is 36 on a scale of 250 - 900. I can barely get out if bed, at times it feels like it would be easier to go to the bathroom in my pants then the energy it takes to make it to the bathroom. this is nit a life, and i would rather live 5 happy healthy years with energy then even 40 more years like this, so to me the cancer is secondary to this testosterone issue. im only 55 years old.

• Posted

In my experience, Gleason 9 PCa, testosterone fueled the disease and only when the testosterone was nullified did my symptoms and any evidence of PCa disappear.

According to my reading, it is unwise for PCa patients to raise testosterone artificially as that would encourage the PCa.

Whether you agree or not with me, I feel you should move away from oncologists to get advice and head to an endocrinologist at a leading centre eg Cleveland Clinic or Johns Hopkins.

Best wishes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.