Does anyone know anybody that does balloon dilatation in Melbourne or the UK?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Also, does anyone know the cost of the treatment in the UK or Australia?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Just wondering if everyone on this Patient Forum sees all of the posts that people write.  Otherwise we all have to keep repeating ourelves.

I've seen a few people on this site that have had Balloon dilation and the tubes done successfully.  Eustachian Tube Dysfunction is such a miserable compalint.

Scroll back to read others posts

Anne

• Posted

I've read all the previous discussions and searched them for UK and Melbourne, but haven't found anything sad

• Posted

From my own experience the doctors appear not to want to do this balloon dilation process because the tube is very close to an artery & if the surgeon makes even the slightest error there is a chance that  a stroke could be caused.

• Posted

Wondering what the point of inventing this procedure when no surgeons will use it.  Surely an experienced doctor in the ENT field should be confident enough to use it.  I'll be asking mine about it on my next appointment in October.

Anne

• Posted

I hope you get a straight & honest answer Anne.I've had some umming & aahing,some maybes',some possiblies,some I'll see what I can find out.So far zilch.I know of two surgeons who are said to do this procedure but the medics I've spoken to seem more than reluctant to recommend either.

• Posted

Isn't it strange......wondering if it's the shortage of money in the NHS.  

• Posted

The NHS is insatiable.When it works it's totally brilliant.However.the waste factor is awful & the general public need to be educated  as to the costs & not abuse it.

• Posted

When I saw my GP the other day, I ask, him what did he think about every patient paying £10 for a appointment and that would prevent people going when their is nothing wrong with them or simply the sniffles.  He said it would never work.  I think its a good idea and would definitely get rid of melingerers,

• Posted

A relative of mine was a GP for many years & always said that 5% of his patients took up 95% of his time.I know he was exaggerating just to make the point.I was thinking more about those drunks who turn up regularly at A&E & become aggressive & the habitual narcotic users who fall in the street & an ambulance has to be called.

• Posted

used the wrong there not their....should have checked before posting !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.