Does anyone know how long it takes for the pain to go away when you stand after sitting?

Posted , 7 users are following.

The pain I have is mainly when I have been sitting and then stand up to walk.  Does anyone know how long that pain lasts?  And after sugery I hot sciatia, and have now gone to a chiropractor hopefully she will take care of that.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'd like to know too. Mine feels like someone poured battery acid into my veins when I stand up. I need to stand up in stages and it takes about three minutes to fully stand.
  • Posted

Strangely though I find that this pain is more in my hips and lower back than in the knee, although, of course, the knee doesn't really like it either!  I think I may be stuck like that forever, as it was there well before they operated on the knee . . .The longer I have been sitting, the worse it is  I hope yours clears up soon! It's annoying to have stand up and hobble the first few steps, or wait until the body adjusts to being in an upright position!
  • Posted

My stiffness and discomforted lasted about five to six months.  But we all hel at different rates.
  • Posted

Don't know as I get that too but I am guessing it's when all internal scar tissue has healed and muscles are back to strength. The longer you sit the worse it is. Have noticed mine now goes off a lot more quickly even than last week. Almost 7 weeks post op.
  • Posted

I still get some pain when I stand at 7+months I'm afraid - but we're all different. It doesn't last long and it's not severe. Jen 
  • Posted

I still get ienough pain to make a noise standing after sitting after four years but didn't know it wasn't supposed to! I don't sit down much so it doesn't matter and I am used to it. Perhaps it will be better after my second knee op. Or I need to keep in mind my advanced age confused
  • Posted

57 years old, 7 days Post Op

My battery acid through veins seems to have stopped over night. Just hoping it continues!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.