Does anyone know how to wean off the use of birth control?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. I have endometriosis and I've been on the novynette birth control to help manage my symptoms. My husband and I are thinking of trying to conceive very soon and I know that it is advised that you come off the birth control pills at least two months prior to trying. However the last time I did try to come off the pills everything went from bad to worse, my period wouldn't come down or I would have sporadic bleeding and the pain was unbearable everyday so I'm really scared to come off these pills again. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can wean myself off the use of birth control pills?my doctor said that I would just have to stop it. Just writing to see if anyone has any suggestions or experience with this. Thank you guys!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi LeAnn

It's not really a case of weaning yourself off because those pills are keeping endo at bay. My only suggestions are to try alternative treatments such as acupuncture, healing qi gong, and perhaps a chiropractor. If you would like more info on my experience with acupuncture, PM me. However, none of that experience includes treatment for endo. I hadn't even heard of acupuncture back then.

I wish you all the best.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I actually used to have acupuncture done but due to time constraints I had stopped for a while. I can definitely start back when I decide to come off the pills. Thanks again!
  • Posted

Hi LeAnn

It's not really a case of weaning yourself off because those pills are keeping endo at bay. My only suggestions are to try alternative treatments such as acupuncture, healing qi gong, and perhaps a chiropractor. If you would like more info on my experience with acupuncture, PM me. However, none of that experience includes treatment for endo. I hadn't even heard of acupuncture back then.

I wish you all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.