Does anyone know what is our number would show lupus?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone, I was just wondering does anyone happen to know

what the sedimentation rate number is for active lupus?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Toya2021

A high rate ESR test for borderline lupus is 24mm/h......

• Posted

Hi Toya 2021

Please disregard my last reply..the high ESR for lupus is 38 mm/h.....on mine this showed as borderline lupus..a DsDNA binding antibody will show if +ve for lupus.....best wishes...

• Posted

Thank you, my ESR was 43 in July, no ANA or Do DNA was done at that time, just did labs last week during first Rheum visit, he told me Monday had Lupus on phone going back to him today, I'll ask exactly what tests were done. Thanks again.

• Posted

Hi,

ESR is a non-specific inflammatory marker, as is CRP, however, there are many conditions in which the rate can be elevated to an identifiable range. So an ESR of over 35 AS WELL as other blood results and symptoms can tell a doctor which condition is the likely suspect. Recent research has shown that the CRP is actually a far better marker of activity in inflammatory conditions.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Thank you, I did get my results yesterday the CRP was 0.8 the SM / rnp antibody IGG was 8.0 which is listed as high the anti dsdna was 1 which was listed as negative. The chromatin AB IGG was 7.0 which was listed as high the ribonucleoprotein AB was 4.7 which was listed as high the Smith AB was listed at 2.0 which was also considered high the ACE was 109 which was listed as high. I was officially diagnosed with SLE and was put on hydroxychloroquine 400 milligrams per day plus prednisone which is to be decreased to 10 milligrams a day. He says that it's at a mild stage right now.

• Posted

Hi Toya2021

Pleased that you have your results. Glad you were diagnosed at a mild stage of SLE now you can start the meds and start to feel so much better.....best wishes...🤗x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.