Does anyone know what this is?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I looked at my below region today and noticed a red rash looking thing above my clit. my vagina's felt alittle sore lately so i'm not sure what's wrong.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

anyone?

• Posted

hello love! from what i can see it looks very irritated, have you noticed any open bumps/lesions? if so this could be herpes. i would suggest you to monitor your bumps and if they become open to see a doctor. how is your discharge? if it is thick/chunky this could be another sign! also pay attention to the inside or opening to see if any bumps appear there. if the itching is unbareable i would suggest you to buy hemmrhoid wipes! preparation h has amazing wipes with witch hazel that can be used vaginally!

• Posted

So you think it could be herpes? those bumps that are visible are just fordyce ive had them for like 5 months they popped up when i got bv. ive had bv twice in the last 5 months and treatment has never helped the itchyness.

The redness has gone away today though but it's been replaced by some white dots, any idea what they could be maybe more fordyce spots or herpes like?

• Posted

if you do not see any fluid coming from them and its just itching i would not be worried, if they are sore/tender/raw feeling i would tell you its herpes! when you pop them does anything come out?

• Edited

they are so small i dont think they are even popable, but my whole vagina has been feeling sore and a bit itchy not just the area with bumps so i think it may just be a yeast issue

• Posted

have you changed soaps /detergent? it looks really irritated but doesnt look like hsv. i would try to use more natural soaps like dr bronners, i use that for body and laundry. everything really. also stop looking at it! looks can be decieving and make more paranoid. i think youre okay. i wouldnt worry unless you feel pain and an unbearable amount of itchiness in that area.

• Posted

it gets sore after i touch it but youre right ive probably been overtouching which is causing extra irritation. i just put some hydrocortisone cream on so ill see how it looks tomorrow

• Posted

Dear ashley,

The first photo shows mild vulvitis (redness) with Fordyce spots. The second, more recent photo, still shows the Fordyce spots with clusters of fine regular white spots in the background. These are just small sebaceous (grease) glands. I'm fairly confident these are NOT herpes, which is typically associated with clusters of painful vesicles (blisters) and pustules which then ulcerate. There is also a lot of inflammation associated with herpes that your photos do not show.

Most common cause of vulvitis is thrush (candida), so treat this and the prominent glands will settle.

Rgds,

Adhari.

• Posted

Okay thank you so much, I'm going to treat for a yeast infection tomorrow and see if it improves

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.