Does anyone know what this is? Could it be hidden HPV infection?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Est 23 of September a rash approximately the size of a coin appeared on my left scrotum side following the second Gardasil 9 vaccine. The rash remained the same size est 1-2 months and slowly expanded potentially caused by shaving. Mid January I applied vinegar and it turned a large portion of the skin white. There are a few different skin conditions thay may whiten with vinegar leaving concerned with the unknown cause. Below images are the different stages over last four months.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Kim or Hugo can either comment here

• Posted

to update, i went to a dermatologist 1.5 weeks ago. during the consultation i showed the images and he looked at the skin. he said the spot is due to eczema/ dermatittis. i had him biopsy a skin plug from my scrotum which confirmed eczema. the skin removed was from the bottom of the scrotum vs being closer to where the red inflammation begun, i fear that if there was any viral infection we may have missed it. to put my mind at ease since the case appears subclinical i was hoping for acid to be applied for further clarity. the dr did not recommend and mentioned to trust him. after using the steroid cream and moisturizers he prescribed the redness has reduced, leaving a small area that appears non normal with burning and slight itching.

Kim or Hugo any thoughts here?

• Posted

to update, i went to a dermatologist 1.5 weeks ago. during the consultation i showed the images and he looked at the skin. he said the spot is due to eczema/ dermatittis. i had him biopsy a skin plug from my scrotum which confirmed eczema. the skin removed was from the bottom of the scrotum vs being closer to where the red inflammation begun, i fear that if there was any viral infection we may have missed it. to put my mind at ease since the case appears subclinical i was hoping for acid to be applied for further clarity. the dr did not recommend and mentioned to trust him. after using the steroid cream and moisturizers he prescribed the redness has reduced, leaving a small area that appears non normal with burning and slight itching.

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.