Does anyone know what this means?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had an ultrasound done, and this is what they found:

Fullness of right renal pelvis,  and calyces of right kidney

Does anyone know what this means?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The calyces is part of the structure around the kidney and fullness of right renal pelvis is just what it says.  Whether that is normal for you or whether you are holding too much fluid or there is some obstruction needs to be put to your Dr - we are not doctors on here.  Hopefully, all is normal.  May I ask the  reason for the ultrasound/symptoms?
    • Posted

That you for your reply.

The neurologist wanted me to do a bone spect scan on my head.  I have these crazy pressure in my face everyday that plugs my ear and makes me all off balance.  He thinks it is silent migraines.

When I went for the bone spect scan on my head, the tech said to me that they would do a full body bone scan.

From that report it showed that the injection they give you showed thatsome collected in my right kidney more. So he ordered the ultrasound of my abdomen and kidneys  And that is what the ultrasound reported as mentioned previously.

This would not even be noted if they had not done the full scan

• Posted

I think you need to discuss the ultrasound result with your neurologist/GP for reassurance.  One would think that if there was anything really untoward you would have heard almost immediately.  Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.