Does anyone know what type of Anemia I might have?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Please can someone give me some advice. I had a parathyroid tumour removed 1 year ago and over the last few months have felt really poorly so thought I had another tumour so went back to doctors for more tests. The doctor wasn't concerned, however the hospital had me in for more tests because they said I was anemic. I thought if you had enough red blood cells you couldn't have anemia but I have low haemoglobin and low white blood cells but they are still within normal range. I also have low vitamin d 38 and low ferritin 7. Please can someone give me some advice because I feel awful everyday. Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane I to had partoid tumor removed last year in March,yes I feel exactly how you do, wased out think mine is anaemia not been tested next on my list to do.you do get the feeling of always being unwell so were in same boat don't want to take iron tabs because of all you hear said about them .im still glad I had op though.maybe someone will come up with an answer for us both  x
    • Posted

It's annoying isn't it.  I took vitamin d pills but stopped taking them after 1 month because they didn't do anything, now I'm taking iron tablets off my own back but am still bad, get bad pains, don't sleep so good even though I'm exhausted and want to sleep at 7 ish every night, have diarehhoea every day and constipation, same symptoms as before but my results are in normal range TSH 0,95 and T3 3.66
    • Posted

Me to Jane think I'm anaemic ,I've been asked by friend am I aenemic,have mentioned it to dr but only tested me for thyroid and kidneys both okay but that was fair while ago.they said its IBS I've got too for past 7 years . No answers or remedy for that.watch everything I eat daily. I do sleep but I have tinnitus ,balance along with anxiety(since learnt this can be a sign of it)  it's so long to get right help mine all began from a virus 8 yrs ago  fine and  healthy before that .how did you find your tumor ?youve done more than me about blood work wished I had now knew this was wrong gone on feeling unwell daily,did hope when I had op they'd pick up the cause of it all to getting back to my old self , will ask chemist about iron tabs. What a mess and a miserable one to sad for you to Jane x                    ?
    • Posted

they didn't find my tumour first I did.  I was very ill for years and went to the doctors and hospital for loads of tests,  I googled my symptoms and found it could be a parathyroid tumour then I got to the doctors to finally do the test and I was right and eventually had my op in Newcastle which I was very happy with but was in hospital for a week because I became hypo.  Now I'm ill again 1 year ltr, I can cope with it all fine but the doctors aren't being sympathic at all , hospital got me in for tests but I'm still waiting to see someone at anemic clinic and I rung them 2day and they don't know anything bout it, it's a real pain and all I want to do is know what's up with me and to take the right pills and to feel normal again, I'm sure u feel the same take care and let me know what happens x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.