Does anyone knows when how long last biso anxiety effects

Posted , 6 users are following.

Dear Gents,

I was on 5 mg of bisoprolol for 5 weeks, it was a terrible days for me, i decided to stop it due to side effect and off from it since 3 months, in the first 3 weeks i was having Panic attack and anxiety, by the time the episodes are reducing but until now i still have anxiety problems but not stronger as in the past but iam feeling that am not as i was before taking this drug.

Does anyone knows when someone is off from biso anxiety effects? i will feel anxiety from time to time until the resto of my life because i decided to take this medicine lne day?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

sorry to hear you are experiencing this! it appears thus medication causes alot if grief! I have been on 10mg for 2 years it hasn't been smooth! at first I assumed any issues such as anxiety were due to my health not side effects, its now becoming more apparent that it might be this medication. havent tried going off them but have talked with cardiologist about change to nebilet

good luck and these meds should not be stopped abruptly though they should be weaned off

• Posted

Hi Effects lasted for weeks for me and the dammed pills didn't work .Try something else .I really don't think they are the wonder drug that helps people like us. Some doc's don't believe you. My own doc believed me but doc in hospital didn't and left me in hd heart unit for 10 days until it got in their head they didn't work for me. So insist they use some other tablet or whatever.

• Posted

Thanks Jean,

I agree with you, Biso is not the drug for people like us, anyway am off from it. Some doctors they don't believe when patient speaks about side effects.

• Posted

Biso is the worst ever. I was put on it for about 3 months for SVT

It lowered my heart rate and blood pressure to much, and I had extremely cold hands and feet. I could not get off the sofa due to being so tired.

When I went for my first ablation attempt, I was told to just stop biso 5 days prior. I questioned whether it was okay to just stop it. My cardiologist said that it was no problem.

Well, it was a big problem. I had such anxiety. My legs were so jittery, shakey and weak, I could hardly walk. The symptoms |I had were immense.

I did not make the connection to withdrawals and thought it was anxiety. So I went to my doctor and he put me on trazodone and a benzo. Worst decision I ever made.I then had to go through torture weaning off those 2 drugs and the last over 2 years has been a nightmare.

• Posted

Hi Lola,

when i stopped biso my doctor also adviced me to take benzo, i took it for 2 weeks then stopped because of the side effects of benzo, sometimes i felt like a drunk person. After all this i decided to search for a natural and organic medicine, i founded and starting taking 5HTP, Ginseng, alecrim tea and others, now i don't need any drug my heart beat is ok, i just have some small episode of anxiety that last for a 2 or 3 minute.

i just discovered that biso was damaging by nervous system and digestive system by causing me syndrome of irritated intestine due to the constant constipation.

I rather die than take again this medicine.

• Posted

Bisoprolol for some, like me, seems to have a host of side effects that some doctors can be dismissive about. But that doesn't make them any less real.

I failed after m,y firs attempts to come off this drug but I have just started to try again. I have gone from my 3.75mg dose to 2.5.

The journey to come off them and dealing with the elevated heart rate, increased BP and anxiety attacks can be most debilitating.

Being on them isn't good, coming off them is difficult to say the least, didn't seem to get much support or understanding from my doctor on that one.

Best wishes to you.

• Posted

I completely understand what you are going through. It was a nightmare for me when my Cardiologist told me to just stop taking biso 5 days prior to an attempted cardiac ablation. It should never be just stopped. Because i did not make the connection as being withdrawals from the biso, I was then put on trazodone and clonezepam for my anxiety. What a mess!!!! Having to wean off these 2 was also an nightmare. If I knew then what I know now..........................

• Posted

Well if I did know what I do today I would have avoided beta blockers altogether.

It can sometimes be a compounding situation when you have given a drug to help relieve symptoms of another drug which in turn has its own issues...!

It does undermine your faith and belief, more so when you can be left to feel that you do not always have the understanding or support with your doctor when you describe how these side effects are related to a particular medication.

Are you off these drugs now and if so what strength of bisoprolol were you taking...?

Best wishes

• Posted

Oh yes, I am off all of that crap.

Origionally, I was on 5 mg biso. About 2 months into it, I dropped the dose to 2.5 mg because of all of the side effects. |I took the 2.5mg for only about a month when I was told to just stop it 5 days prior to attempted ablation. I had so many withdrawls. But I am sure it was also from the 2.5 mg drop 1 month prior.

I had so much anxiety, and many physical withdrawals. I remember walking to the hospital for the EP study and not being able to walk because my legs had no control. \they were all shaky, jittery, and I felt like I could not hold myself up.

That continued until I was put on the klonopin (benzo) and trazodone about a month later.

Taking these 2 drugs for 18 months, and then was told if |I wanted a second ablation attempt, I would have to come off these 2 drugs. The first attempt, he could not trigger my heart and thought it was the benzo I was taking.

So I started the grueling task of withdrawaling from these. It took about 9 months with wean off, but that has now been 16 months off for one, and 18 months off for the other.I am still experiencing protracted withdrawal. It is getting better but still experiencing waves and windows.

I never thought I would ever have to go through something so awful........

• Posted

My goodness what a journey for you. You really went from one problematic drug to two others...!

The long term side effects of some of these medications is truly debilitating and very frightening. I already deal with anxiety issues, had counselling, and these drugs by reducing them just make that so much worse.

Before I found this group, not taking any joy from other peoples suffering, I thought that I was very much alone in how I felt whilst taking bisoprolol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.