does anyone liike this mirtazaline

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am on my 5th week of 15mg mirt and 225 venaflxine. I had to  keep changing doses on my own.Depression is much better but having a prolem with some anxiety. but all I read is mostly negtives.. it has really helped mydepression.  have a good day folks.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You’re on what is known as “California Rocket Fuel” (CRF).

It’s the combo of Effexor (venaflaxine) and Mirtazapine.

You might want to research it.

Mirtazapine all on it’s own is no picnic, especially when you want to get off it. You REALLY may want to research withdrawal of Mirtazapine. It’s an eye opener.

• Posted

Good luck Harry. You will need more than luck if it turns on you. It does work for some people yes but if it stops and you sufferer withdrawal you've got big problems.

• Posted

Please explain yourself. I am well aware of the withdrawals from both drugs. Nearly everyone on ven and some on mirt have bad withdrawals. If you stop each very slowely.....over years it is doable. The main thing is to change your lifestyle whilst stable and not rush coming off these meds. All meds cause withdrawal in some but they can also be very benifitial too. Double edged sword as with so many things in life.
    • Posted

I don't have to explain anything Sarah. Let him carry on taking them then and see. I know that many people that are suffering on a daily basis trying to get off this garbage and that is what it is.

• Posted

I WENT TO PSYHC TODAY AND I ACTUALLY FELT IT KIND OF STPO WORKING ON MY DEPRESSION. NOW 8 HRS LATER I DEFINITELY FEEL WORSE IT WAS GREAT EXCEPT FOR SOME ANXIETY. HE RAISED MY VENALAXINE TO 300. 150 TWICE A DAY. FOOLING WITH THE DOSES WAS FOOLISH I CANT GO THROUGH  WITHDRAWAL IF I DONT STOP TAKING IT. MAYBE I NEED 30 MG MIRT. IT IS AMAZING  HOH JUST KIND OF SOPPED WORKING. HAVE YOU BEEN ON IT. I WAS ON XANAXFOR25YRS AND HAD ALMOST NO WITHDRAWAL. IAM ON IT AGAIN.    HARRY
    • Posted

I HAVE NO INTENTIONOF ETTING OFF EITHER YET BUT NOW SCARED AFTER READING ALL THIS. WERE YOU ON THEM. HOW LONG AND WHAT DOSE IF YOU WERE?I HAVE HAD DEPRESSION FOR 40 YEARS. HAD ECT  AND KETAMINE IV AND NASAL SPRAY.     HARRY
    • Posted

Yes Harry I'm trying to get off mirtazapine and struggling badly. I only taper 5% a month and is very difficult even at that low drop.

• Posted

how long  were you on it and hoe what was your high dose. Why aer you getting off it. did you ever have problems getting off other drugs.   thanks for talking to me.      harry
    • Posted

I was on 30 mg for 6 weeks Harry. Since I started taking it 9 months I've hardly slept. I was took off another drug and put on to this.

• Posted

why did you get off it.15mg seems to have helped mdd butnot anxiety.I do not know what to do. I am scared  from every thing I  have read. I have been probably 20 different meds .never had any withdrawal problems. And i have always slept well.Again I really appreciate your help. do you have depression?
  • Posted

Only on it a week so far. Has actually helped my anxiety but seems to have made my depression worse. I also take Fluoxetine but was considering a switch to Venlafaxine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.