Does anyone really 100% recover?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi guys

i feel like ok so you make progress

up down zig zag

but do you get your stamina back?

will i ever be me again?

im concerned and cry about this journey...

is it really in the cards after an event like this to get back to full health stamina and No relapses and symptom free life?

anything anyone did to get back on track?

thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Genuinely Starr you do get your stamina back and it was during that second year that I really felt it coming back to me - I remember at 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, finding it so hard to see my body resilience being able to cope with a normal day's activity without feeling awful afterwards and/or during it.

I had the same worries / fears / doubts Starr, it is so hard to deal with I know. But keeping trusting God, I know you have been Starr, He is going to heal Your body completely - I really really do believe that and if you're struggling to see or feel it right now that's okay, remember that I and others believe it for you at this time on your behalf.

Craig

• Posted

thank u

its just im feeling improvements but so slow it makes me feel like how far can my body go can it nip this in the bud or is this it will it continue to fight or will it remember too? i have moments where i feel normal more than ever after the one yr mark then its a back slide

when will this game end

does anyone get back to normal or do things linger

this is so hard not knowing waiting....adjusting

hope youre well

thank u for your encouraegment

my family after one yr have been saying negative awful things to me.

i wanna heal and prove them wrong

• Posted

Hi Starr,

Oh I do understand how frustrating it is when progress seems so slow and minimal sometimes - one thing to keep in mind with this virus Starr, something I kind of experience too, was that it can stay at the same level and feel like little or no improvement for such a long time and then all of a sudden a big improvement can happen in a short space of time. Some people even report with this virus that recovery is quick after a long period of struggling / suffering - so hang on to that and remember because progress is slow it doesn't mean that it will always go at that slow rate - at some point there will be a bigger breakthrough, and that second year is often when it happens for folks. Hoping and praying for this for you!

So sorry to hear that your family have been saying nasty things, that is awful to hear and must be so hard to deal with. You just remember that there are people on here and out there that do understand how intense and awful this virus really can be, and remember that God is on your side - I believe He will help you prove anyone who is not being supportive wrong, but if you can keep your focus on getting better and stronger. Remember the story of Job, even his close friends were not at all good in comforting and supporting him, making wrong judgements about him when he was feeling at his worst. But look how that story ended, God gave Job the victory....I believe your victory is being worked on right now and you will see the full manifestations of it this year - hang in there.

Thanks for thinking about me too, still concerned about my foot injury been hobbling about a bit and just praying for the Lord to heal and give us all a more period of stable health and protection under His wing where we can grow and rebuild and become strong again. Praise God.

Thinking of you Starr, hang in there my friend.

Craig

• Posted

hi starr. i haven't been on here in a while because I though my son was all better. But...

whenever you "back slide" or start feeling bad again after feeling good, what are your main symptoms?

• Posted

thank u

ive been seeing improvements more than ever after 1 yr and close together

but still banged up

my back pain finally was better then came back

achy legs jelly

ugh head

but i feel like

will my body get all the way?

i see a mix of recovered and linger stories

who will i be

sucks not knowing

this is not cool

i need my life body back

overdue!

13 mos.... ready for 100% life

thank u for all of your time & encouragement as my family some, say bad things this far down the road

thinking if you

hope youre healthy & eating well!

• Posted

Starr I want to answer your question with a clear and straight answer - and it's my honest belief:

YES your body will get all the way with its recovery. It is SO common to doubt this and worry that it won't and I felt EXACTLY the same, seeing some slight improvements at times but at times it was so miminal and I felt so fragile still that I found it so hard to see my body being strong, well and resilient again. But thanks to God only and with time I was able to get there - I am still convinced that Year 2 is going to be your recovery year Starr, but just take it each day and hold onto faith, I know it's easier said than done sometimes, God is working on things behind the scenes right now with your recovery I get a strong sense of that and when the manifestations are seen your life and health are going to be turned around so dramatically - I have faith in that.

Thinking about and hoping for a settled weekend for you. I'm going for scan results for my foot on Monday, if you could say a prayer for me it would mean a lot, like you this last few months been turbulent just seems like one thing after another and just hoping and praying for God's healing and mercy for us. God is good we must remember all the things He has done for us - and He is the same God now as He was then and He never changes and His will is ALWAYS to heal us!!

Craig

• Posted

thank u

thank u

thank u

CRAIG

ARE u sure!

this is crazy!!!!

hows your foot?

hope youre well

im ready to jump

im done feeling crappy

as ive felt incredible my whole life

ugh

13+ mos

felt improvements

then fall back!!????

fed up

• Posted

Hey Starr,

I can only go on my own experience and what I feel God is saying to me about your situation and others on here....and going on that EMPHATICALLY the answer is YES I feel sure that with time you will get back to 100%. I wish it was easier to understand the journey Starr, it's so hard to have patience through trials, I am the worst for it. Still having issues with my foot, just hoping and praying God can bless October for us and it can be a month of breakthrough and where barriers are dissolved and real progress is made.

It can be normal to go forwards and fall back during recovery from this virus Starr, keep remembering it's like that zig zag graph but overall you can see with time the journey is upwards, and that's even when you get some steep zigs down as well, it will come back up again Starr truly I believe that.

No wonder you are fed up, it is totally understandable. I'm thinking about you still praying for you still and grateful for your kind words and prayers for me too now as have been finding it tough also.

Grateful for you Starr you are a wonderful blessing to me and this forum, we love you and care about you and want you well!

Craig

• Posted

thank u

i hope u are well

how r u?

im sorry if i dont respond to u

ive been seeing improvements but not ya know or i feel good then bam! set back

my muscles will they be normal again after this event

they feel just whacked out!!!?

im done with this want my life back and to move on from this nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am apprecitive to u

i pray for us all

take care talk soon

• Posted

Hey Starr,

It always warms my heart to see a post from you because you always encourage me. I've been struggling with foot pain that's been going on for weeks and weeks and just don't know how to get rid of, have been to set docs and for scan and podiatrist and everything and just feel all out of balance and don't really know what to do, has been getting me down - if you could pray for my foot that would mean a lot to me at this time.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers regularly please be assured. Goodness knows you must be so weary and fed up and ready for that breakthrough and to be well again. I remember a lot of muscle aches and pains during this, often as though I had been doing heavy exercise when I wasn't doing anything like that at all. This symptom DOES go away for sure and your body does get back to feeling resilent again - as I've prob said before I remember feeling so fragile and thinking my body would never be strong or be able to cope with normal levels of activity again, but as quick as this virus comes improvements can come too - and it does get to a stage where the improvement doens't just come and then setbacks happen, it gets to the stage that the improvement far outweighs any setbacks and you really start to move forward.

Hoping and praying for this for you! I am appreciative to you too and thanks for listening to my troubles and for praying for me too - it means so much. Thinking about you still a lot.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.