Does anyone remain stable weight when taking maximum dosage of Mirtaziopine ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I just start taking 15 mg Mirtazopine to treat my severe insomnia. I am worry that I will have to take up to the maximum dosage someday.

I did some research, I feel like almost 99.9% of the ppl ballon up. I am very conscious about my weight. 

I watch what I eat and I do yoga for 30 mins everyday. is this enough ? 

Without sleep is unbearable, and I have suicidal thought because of that. But on the other hand, I do not want to gain weight because I think that will depress me too. 

Has anyone has positive experience? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

7.5 mg knocked me for a loop!  Very sedating at the lower doses.  Don't go up unless you have to!

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I heard about increasing dosage actually will not help with the sleep. And will make ppl fatter. 

All i want is  drug to treat my insomnia. I have depression because of insomnia, not the other way round. 

My dr. wants to increase my dosage to 30 mg, I am a bit worry about it. Since, higher dosage is not as sedative as lower dosage. 

Today is my second days, I don't have carb craving, and I even cut down my carb because I am preparing myself to be fat =I ...I even change the way I wear so that I can prepare for the bigger size of me. 

• Posted

15mm work fine for me been on them  a few years now, and they still work ok without having to increase them, i was hungry all the time at first but that where off after a  short while
  • Posted

Started at 15mg about a two years ago and have been on 30mg for eight months. I have had no problems with weight or hunger issues. I am careful with my eating habits and have developed a daily walking routine for overall good health. Like all meds, side effects are different for each individual. 

It has been great for sleep! Not much else though. I also take 10mg escitalopram (Lexapro).

From what you say --your Yoga and the lifestyle that usually comes with it should keep you at the weight you desire.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I feel better after reading your comment. =)
  • Posted

Started mirt at 15mg for weight gain, didn’t gain weight but I felt like a kid, and I was 78, lost that feeling so went to 30mg, felt like kid again for about 3 months then I started hurting so bad could hardly get out of bed, had to slither out of bed and down some stairs and then I could get up and 5 to 10 min I would quit hurting. Quit mirt cold turkey and after several months, I am ok. Take about 4mg and sleep like baby. Still skinny. Like everyone says Mirt treats everyone differently.
  • Posted

Hi there, read your post and thought I would give you my opinion. I remained very stable in weight and gained an appetite but not like before I was (normal) I since have lost weight while being on mirtazapine and I eat but not as much. So for me I was one of the lucky few if you want to call it that. Who had actually lost weight while on mirtazapine. I have read others with the same situation.

Hope that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.