Does anyone share these symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone share these symptoms and can help with diagnosis?

About three months ago I started to feel very dizzy around my period. It lasts around 7-10 days, comes and goes and stays even adter my period has stopped. I’m not so dizzy that I can’t stand or feel like the room is spinning, it’s more subtle than that but very uncomfortable and disturbing. I also feel extremely tired during these times. It then goes away mostly and returns around my period again. I’ve had iron and bloods taken and all are clear.

I also suffer from migraine auras which are very unpredictable and occur often. I haven’t noticed a link between the two. I’ve seen a doctor and a neurologist (for my migraines) and neither seem worried about it but can’t tell me what the dizziness if from. It’s very upsetting not having a clear diagnosis or any idea on how to make it stop.

I’d love any stories of similar symptoms that might help me work out what is going on. Thank you.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am going through about the same thing. Started about five months ago after one month with a double period.. dizzy/woozy spells, mostly around week before period, during and a few days after. One or two vry bad migraines also new, always on period or a few days before...this is like clockwork every single month, making me almost bedridden around period, almost. I am 42, I blame hormones... Drs cant find anything else and blame anxiety, no matter what I say,but it correlates to my period...ugh. It's rough. I also have vision issues, tunnel vision or very sensitive to light. Hugs.

• Posted

its horrible. im sure mine is related to hormones too because its definitely around my period.

• Posted

I was suffering very bad dizziness around my period and found out I was vitamin d deficient and low on vitamin b12 I now take spray forms of these and it has helped quite a lot. I also take fish oil tablets. Maybe get your vitamin levels checked.

• Posted

thats the horrible roller coaster ride of hormones during perimenopause. i am going through it. dizziness plus shakiness bp fluctuations etc etc.

• Posted

Im 39 and I have all those symptoms the migraines are the worst. I also lose my appetite during my cycle this cant be normal.

• Posted

I know for some women who have very heavy periods it can cause extreme fatigue and even dizziness simply due to the blood loss. Have you noticed any changes in your periods themselves (i.e. heavier flow, cramping, length)? If so, maybe that can give you a clue.

• Posted

I have this same exact problem except for the migraines. have you found any relief?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.