Does anyone suffer from bad nail fungus?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had bad nail fungus for a while now,and now the fungus has bitten my whole nail off😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭help me!!!

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you visited a chiropodist? Also the local pharmacist may give you advice.
  • Posted

I'm assuming this is probably your toenail that is affected and maybe your big toe?.   

Once you get a nail fungus it can become quite rampant and eventually spread to other toenails so it is necessary to be absolutely  strict  with yourself when treating...you must keep up the treatment every day

What are you using at the moment and how long have you had the problem?

• Posted

Have you ever tried home remedies for your condition? You can apply tea tree oil on the affected nail to reduce symptoms.This oil contains antiseptic and anti-fungal properties, so it can treat nail fungus very well. Tea tree oil is commonly found in many OTC medications, you can also use it for better results. Several months ago, I got nail fungus which was very painful and caused my thickened, brittle nails. My doctor said that I got a bad case of infections and home remedies couldn't help. He prescribed me fugacil and asked me to apply it 3 times daily. The drug did burn a little but it relieved all of my symptoms. After 2 weeks, my nail grew a new one and no fungus returned. Maybe I'm so lucky. Many people who have severe cases of nail fungus have to see a doctor for non-surgical (chemical) nail removal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.