Does anyone suffer with Migraine on Citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im on week 5 of Citalopram and have been suffering with severe headaches and migraines for the last week. Is this normal as I've never experienced headaches as bad as this. Any advice would be extremely grateful.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I've experienced bad headaches on cit, however they did become less frequent over time.
  • Posted

I had bad headaches for a few days and then that got better. Now I am dealing with more a feeling of pressure in my head. It doesn't hurt, but is very noticable and not a pleasant feeling. I hope it goes away soon. I have been on Cit for about 6 weeks.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Sissy63

I've been to the doctors this morning and she told me to stop taking the Citalopram and gave me a prescription for Mirtazapine. I'm really confused now as not sure if I'm going to get withdrawal symptoms from the Citalopram.

• Posted

I am glad you went to the doctor. Personally, I would try to stick it out a little longer to see if the headaches get better, but you need to follow the advise of your doctor. 
    • Posted

Yes I agree I wasn't sleeping either so the doctor reckon the new medication will help me sleep.

Thanks sissy

• Posted

Hey June,

Yep sounds like side effects to me if you have never had them before ? I had headaches and tiredness pretty mnuch all of them which passed after sometime sorry cant remeber exactly although everyone is different.

Hope you start feeling good soon wink 

• Posted

Hi Stevo

Thanks for reply. Been back to docs today she's now told me to stop taking them and given me different medication, I hope I'm not going to be suffering withdrawal or side effects. I thought you had to come off them slowly .

June

• Posted

Hi June, Doc knows best then just stay positive! Dont anticipate bad withdrawals until they come and if they do just keep calm and ride it out you'll get the right mixture hnag in there! I was going to wean off once my job calmed down however I guess I'm being a bit anxious ??
  • Posted

all side effects will be over after certain time. Be patient.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.