Does anyone suffer with this kind ocd ....

Posted , 2 users are following.

So around 2 years ago i was diagnosed with ocd, it slowly took over my mind' it started off just small thoguhts which i eventually got rid off and ignored anything was wrong then it got 10 times worse' i get thoughts that i have cheated on my partner this can happen at anytime i could be at home alone for 15 mins and my head will fill with thoughts of questioning myself on whether or not i had cheated it has resulted in alot of strain and stress i have since deactived all my social media and this was another thing i worried about if i used it because i thought i was cheating on there and then deleting the evidence, it has now led to me keeping a diary and writing absolutely everything i do in it with times just for some peace of mind but there is always some way of it creeping back up to bug me' even though i know i have ocd when i get these thoughts i cant blame the ocd because in my head its like im just using that as excuse to do all the things i worry about, does anyone else have this line of ocd ???

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Faith

It is difficult for me to understand your condition. I have past memories when I was in my twenties, regarding people I used to go out with, I remember their faces,not their names and if I was faithful or not. Normally at this time I only once double dated, both relationships were in very early stages and the whole situation back fired and caused some really bad problems and I never did it again.

Are you looking back on past relationships or are your feelings made up in a dream like state or a wishful thought.

If your thoughts are imaginary you need to discuss all this with your CPN or make an appointment with your GP and explain these irrational thoughts you are suffering from.

If you have considered being unfaithful as a day dream, that may be your problem considering what it would be like to move on with someone famouse or a friend that interracts within your personal space, with both of you, it may be a friends husband etc. These thoughts may be unhealthy although opening the mind, quite normal, only you can consider that especially if the person is at your work environment.

Only you can decide what your needs are especially if you are suffering OCD. Consider your concerns and work out ways of distrating these thoughts. If you cannot do this it could effect your existing reationship and it may be something is lacking in that Partnership.

Consider your needs, divert your thoughts and ask yourself if your existing life is addressing your needs, only you can answer that.

What do you want and are your needs being addressed, if not your erotic thoughts may be telling you to consider various actions to take that will give you happiness

BOB 

• Posted

These thoughts i get have no face or name to who it may have been i cheated with my head tells me i cant remember who it was what happened or when if happened it sounds ridiculous but this started in mh previous relationship and is also happening in the relationship, i cant have any social media hate to be left alone and need to write everything down just fo reassure myself i havent done anything wrong

Iv been on different medication for he past 2 years some which resulted in selfharm and wanting to commit suicide others just didnt do anything for me' ive also tried cbt which in my opinion was a complete and utter waste of time, its just getting silly now because how can this seriously be taking over my life

• Posted

Hello Faith

Can you remember how your past relationship failed, consider what you know or remember before considering something has gone wrong in your immediate past, Are your thoughts in anticipation or of those negative past thoughts. It is important you practice a self control and understand you would never wish to be unfaithful 

If you were having problems, samein the past was there something at your family home that brought out these feeling with family members. To understand where all this is coming from can help you move away from a negative situation.

I do remember in my past I heard about something bit same ??. A relationship after time became stressed and the male partner came down heavy on His Partner, He went on and on calling her unfaithfull and asking where She had been an who she had met. This went on even at the girls work where to male would be unable to help himself and accuse the girl of being unfaithful, this went on for a long time and I always thought it was some form of Stockholm Syndrome where the Girl became unabe to relate to what was right, to something that was imagined, a brainwashing had taken place and she would be unsettled for a long time after the relationship had failed. The new relationship became problematic and was sorted when what had happened in the past had been understood and the anticipation of unfaithfulness was not an honest situation.

I am not saying in any way this has happened to you and I may have been better not mentioning it. Something is not right, and needs looking into

BOB

• Posted

I have gone round and round in circles trying to figure out the cause, i have nothing to explain why this is happening

I have been in unfaithful relationships but that is not a problem, its all like false memories if there is a gap in my day which i can not account for my brain instantly fills in with that i had cheated in that time which is horrible as i have all this feeling of guilty and the thought i have done it but that thought makes me feel terrible and so upset

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.