Does anyone sweat with anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone sweats with anxiety? I feel more sweaty during the day and at night. It do uncomfortable. Also does anyone else feel light headed sometimes?

Thanks,

Nicola

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i sweat sometimes, often at night if i goto bed anxious. lightheaded - jeez all the time it seems!
  • Posted

Thank you for the reply. That's when I notice it more at night but I'm also sweaty during the day. Not sure if thus is anxiety related or because I had a baby 13 weeks ago.

It's horrible being light headed huh

• Posted

Hi Nicola

I think sweating & going light headed are very common symptoms of anxiety

I know I have & do suffer with both

Have you mentioned this to your GP maybe worth just asking just to give you peace of mind & then once they have told you that everything is fine physically you can start to try & accept it as another anxiety symptom that is unpleasant but wont harm you

But you are not on your own with these symptoms & hope knowing that helps a little bit

Take Care

xxx

• Posted

Yes thats normal, and to wake up sweaty.

Light headed, confused anddigestive problems are most common because the oxygen is sent to your muscles in an anxious situation, ready to fight or flee danger. This shuts down your digestive system and sends less oxygen to the brain. Nothing to worry about - totally normal when anxious, as uncomfortable as it is

• Posted

Yes I get that, and I also get heart palpitations and one of the warning signs to call your doctor with palpitations is sweating and then I start to worry about that and THEN I SWEAT MORE.
  • Posted

yeah Joone - its a viscous circle. i always try to never google symptoms - sometimes its so hard! currently i am just calming down after a day of panic - now the back of my head hurts....trying to not let that ramp it up again...
  • Posted

I know what you mean Jmc, I feel hypersensitive to everything. I am just finishing up uni and it's coming to exam time so am constantly on edge. I have very supportive family though so that really helps.
  • Posted

Thanks all, glad I'm not the only one. This was the first symptom I actually had. I just thought it was because I had a baby 3 months ago. So many anxiety symptoms which scare me. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.