Does anyone use gadgets for monitoring their fitness?

Posted , 2 users are following.

As I've lost a stone I decides to treat myself to a fitness band ( records steps, calories burnt, distance covered etc)

Wasn't cheap (£105) but it's supposed to sync with 'my fitness pal' but I can't get it too... Just wondered if anyone knew what was going in and If MFP had pulled out rolleyes

Shelagh xxx 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Shelagh :-)

The only things I have purchased are Slendertone's bits and bobs, hoping they will tone me up a little! I have house guests at the moment, so have not been able to use them.

Hoping to start swimming again next week, it will have to be early in the morning as the pool is full of children in the holidays.

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I went swimming yesterday, 1st time in 8 years!!  We live 100 yards from the beach, and I'd taken the kids down with a picnic , and I had a flask and a book, was sat watching them and looked around, wasn't many people there , so I walked into the sea and had a half hour swim LOL! Realllly enjoyed it!!  My children were shocked, and of course I had to walk the short distance home looking like a drowned rat ( I was fully clothed in tshirt and cropped pants)  haha... But thought 'sod it' just because I'm fat dosent mean I can't have fun !! Did a 4.5 mile walk today and yesterday and hurt my knee so hopefully it will be sunny again tomorrow and I can swim rather than walk , take some pressure off my knee... The best part was it was free! Haha x 
    • Posted

Awe! well done on going swimming Shelagh x x x

About five years ago I used to be pretty fit and would swim a few times a week, unfortunately I had a few traumas in my life which resulted in my gaining 6 stone!

3 months ago I put on a swimsuit and although I looked like a whale, I was determined to go swimming. I felt sooo self concious at first, but thought darn it! I am going to do this regardless of my blubber!

Unfortunatley I got pneumonia and have yet to return to the pool.

Its great you have the seaside nearby, bet the kids love it!

///*.*\\\

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.