Does anyone use herbal cleansing for IBS bloating?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Lately, I have been using an herbal cleanse when I get that bloating feeling that is so uncomfortable. I feel like there is something stuck in my upper esophagus and lower intestine.    The only way I get relief is a herbal cleansing tea or herbal laxative tablets. I feel so much better after the cleansing. I don't want to become dependent on these cleansings and I know I'm not supposed to do them continually. Has anyone tried this for relief?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i would be careful with herbal cleanse - do you know whats in it? most of these products are rubbish, others are just laxatives.

do you have any idea what is causing the feeling? does it come on at a particular time etc?

• Posted

Thanks for reply. It's a dieter's tea.  Primary ingredient is Senna. They do not recommend taking more than 10 consecutive days which I try to adhere to.  I've started to track my diet more closely for when these discomforts begin. It appears if I have to much fiber.  I've also noticed that if I make sure to include some bread and protein with the meal the symptoms are not as noticeable or subside. After a few days, I start to feel constipated with the feeling there is a knotted feeling in my esophagus and lower intestine and discomfort in my chest area which must be gas because once I take the laxative the symptoms subside.   I've had a colonoscopy and ultra sound of my digestive system and all came back negative so I'm really preplexed as to what is causing my symptoms. My doctor prescribed omeprazole and it helps a bit but noticed that I have to have something on my stomach before taking it.  It's pretty scary because the discomfort is so close to my heart that it makes me feel like I'm having an heart attack. I've made another appointment with my Doctor to see if he has any idea why I feel so much better after I have a movement.  I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.  It really helps to share on this forum. 

• Posted

Yeah the tea is just a laxative. The burning does sound like excess acid. Try avoiding spicy , fatty and acidic food. Don't eat just veggies e.g. a big salad.

Are you actually constipated or do you just feel you are?

• Posted

It feels like I'm full but maybe not constipated. Is extremely uncomfortable so probably mostly gas, I'm guessing.  If or when I drink that tea it subsides and next morning after BM, I'm fine with no more discomfort.  I'm tracking my foods more closely to determine when or what foods maybe causing it. So far, it appears to be foods high in fiber.  Thanks for the help. It helps to share. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.