Does anyone want to talk?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, (Sorry for the title) I just wanted to express myself or see if anyone will like to took to me, I suffered for depression since 2 years ago, for several reasons it has been hard for me to seek help. I finally have a counsellor, anyway long story short my life went in a wrong path, so I know have make the decision to end my own life, but before I do that I want to be able to talk to other people so I can help them to feel better about themselves... Thank you for reading this I hope you have an excellent day!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

im suffering with depression for longer than i actually thought ive known for around 4 years there was somthing not right about myself and only recently been to see doctor who said i have depression ive always been strong inside my mind but now feel like theres something broken inside like part of me isnt there its hard to describe to some people but thats the way ive been putting it ive not tried to hurt myself but i have had thoughts of self harm which worries me im off to see the doctor again as i dont feel like the mirtazapine15mg isnt helping me it was at 1st i was getting plenty of sleep but sufferd nightmares and panic attacks they also make me feel very tired and a loss of fatigue think i started to feel worse last summer when i seperated from my wife and i put myself as just being sad about the split im 41 no kids of my own no friends and family all have there lives and not much time for me and i dont want to feel like im pestering them this must all sound like waffle to anyone thats reading this i dont do the things i like anymore i find it hard to relax concentration span is no more than 10mins i just want to hide away and i always feel like crying im scared of how i feel and its not getting any better
  • Posted

I personally think that there is nothing wrong with you, that is an stigma regarding of a sickness, this is as anyother disease, it makes your body to feel in a certain way, but something must keep you alive, you have a lot of good things going on in your life, but if it makes you feel better I have all the time in the world, if you want to talk. I think that you have an amazing life. And step by step you will be a more comfortable and happy person.
  • Posted

" I think that you have an amazing life" as u quote i had an amazing life before this illness this is destorying me from the inside something has broke i know my life isnt what it once was so i know i dont have an amazing life i know my past and my future well thats to come and what happends in the future isnt something i can see or remember like my past all i know theres nothing amazing about it right now this low self asteam this lack of control im alone and i know there are people like me all that use this as a way to express there feelings just like im doing now so i dont mean alone in the way i feel i mean ive no one here but me day to day no job no friends not much family i can pop round and see or pick up a fone and ive tried to talk to them but they busy people with there lifes jobs and there familes so where what do i do to get out of the rutt im in theres no one who can get me out of these feelings but me as i said im alone ! thanks for the reply but what you said didnt make much sense to me glad theres someone out there
  • Posted

A lot of us are out there.Have you got your local crisis team out of hours number? Always someone to talk to & if needed can make emergency appointment.Yes ive been in that siruation sat on a bridge yet my thought stop process was the terrible guilt trip id inflict on family/friends.Thats when I sought help at gp.Seeing my gp every two weeks then every month for 12 months has helped.I do have low days & ill ask for hekp if i feel that bad again.Talk to your gp
  • Posted

Hi i new to site i am 48 sad lonely depressed , i dont know how it happened i started to cry one day in jan and have not stopped since i am a single mum i have no family in england. i thought i had couple of friends but they only want to be round when things are happy i work hard pay the bills pay the mortgage,ex only see the children 1 weekend a month doctor wants me to take meds i dont want this but i find i am shouting at children is this normal ???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.