Does anyone with an ulcer have severe back pain?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm not sure what the cause is but I've been having severe upper right sided burning back pain.

I'm wondering if anyone with a stomach or duodenal ulcer also had this pain.

I'm so worried about, I'm awaiting a CT scan but I'm beginning to wonder if my pain is caused by an ulcer.

I've also been having hot flushes, again does anyone with GERD or an ulcer suffer from these please?

Thank you

Jane

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane

I've got central and left sided pain that goes through to my back. I had a CT scan a couple of months ago and that didn't show anything but then from my research it'll only show thickened areas and not ulcers. You really need an endoscopy to confirm or rule out ulcers. I've got mine in just over a week.

Do you get pain only on eating or all the time. Mine comes on after eating but I also had gallbladder problems a couple of years ago which all my pain was right sided and they gave me a endoscopy early on to rule out stomach problems and to do biopsies to rule out H.pylori and crohns disease.

I didn't qualify for the 2 week endoscopy but I did go in under urgent so its in 6 weeks but I've been suffering now since November and I've found that I'm allergic to the meds that they give you for ulcers. The itching is intense so now all I can take is pain relief until they can confirm the diagnosis.

Let me know a little more of your symptoms as alot of conditions around this area give the same symptoms so its really hard to tell.

Keep me updated. Take care

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply.

I've been having a few symptoms that all seem to happen at random

pain in my left arm

burning pain in my upper back on the right side. (around the level of my bra strap)

Hot flushes and pain under my left rib.

All of the above problems are intermittent. They come and go and although I've tried to make a connection between them happening after eating something fatty etc .........or doing a lot of walking I'm at a complete loss to know the cause.

I had gastritis last year due to taking IBUPROFEN ( I had a tooth extraction, dry socket and then abscesses) and ended up having an endoscopy which showed an H Pylori infection. After antibiotics and Omeprazole I improved but gradually all the other symptoms have appeared. Hopefully, I'll find out why one day.

In the meantime, hope your endoscopy goes well for you. I had the throat spray and the sedation and it was absolutely fine.

Good luck and Take care.

Thanks again

JANE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.