Does anyone with chronic headache wake up with the headache

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having headaches for almost 2 months now. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this especially since I also mostly wake up with it.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i have for the past two years! finally the rheumatologist said it was fibromyalgia! which also causes anxiety, depression and many other symptoms! ive had every test done to rule anything else out! so now i just learn to deal with it while meds kick in! he put me in cymbalta!

• Posted

hello thanks for your response. Is your headache widespread or in just one area. the pain i experience tends to move about. It is quite mild most of the times, i also have pain in my neck and shoulders

• Posted

my pain starts in the neck and ends up all over my head! yes the pain migrates! its always different! you could suffer from tension headaxhes as well!

• Posted

I am not sure if my neck is the origin of the pain. I have had a very stressfull couple of months before the pain started.

• Posted

You may grind your teeth in your sleep which can lead to head, neck and shoulder pain. Do you get sensitive teeth?

• Posted

Hello moon, thanks from your response. No i don't grind my teeth. I thought of that as well. I am just fed up with the headaches.

• Posted

Do you take any medication for anything? There are certain meds that can give you daily headaches. I also noticed you said you were stressed, you may hold your stress in your shoulders. Try getting a shoulder, neck and head massage and really try and think about your posture when sitting and walking. Try having a bath in the evening before you go to bed as this can help relax your muscles or you can buy these wraps that you heat up and put around your neck.

• Posted

Thanks a million, these are great suggestions, i will try them and see. I use amlodipine for hbp but i have never had any issues with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.