does anyones anxiety come on for no reason

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi everyone another question , i am sat on my sofa soaps on tv and working on my website (i sell clothes) and i am feeling some of the physical symptomns of amy anxiety, the tingling all over body headachey (heavy head) and nausea but i am happy and not doing anything stressful etc - i did post earlier about the bath - am i maybe feeling the symptions because its in my mind at the moment?? does anyone elses just seem to come on for no reason?? i am just carrying on with my webste etc and trying to ignore the feelings is that the best thing to do xx

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hey yeah I'm same My symptoms can just come on and then go off again x
  • Posted

Hi kezzie am the same to night ive been anxious this last couple of days but nothing to feel anxious for .... now am lyin here feelin nauseous with heavy head ... it cant all be to do with anxiety can it ?
  • Posted

Yes!!!! It's the thing that alarms me the most it was my birthday last week and I felt great I had my family over for cake etc and I had a panic attack in the middle off it....I wasn't overwhelmed by my family here as they all live beside me so I see them all every day we just don't eat cake everyday and I really didn't have a panic attack over that lol.....but I can be sitting as calm as I can be on the sofa r doing something I love and bang off I go feeling the awful symptoms 😰
  • Posted

thanks guys i just never understand that why when we are all feeling good why it can just come up like that!!! i did put a post on just now about having a bath earlier and it was too hot really but i like it hot so when i got out i felt a bit out of sorts sick  headachy bit lightheaded so dont know whether i was worrying about that and then because i was thinking about that its brought this on, i have literally just walked to the shop and back with my daughter and was ok though so all very strange, i am also yawning my head off so maybe tired too from  ahectic weekend and a couple bottles of wine on saturday a boring slow day at work today does all the different thing like that effect us/our bodies etc etc x
    • Posted

I don't know why it does I went out for lunch earlier and was fine and then when I went to sit down to order I came over all funny and started to have a panic attack it's awful what it does to you, x
    • Posted

it sure is hun, drives me mad and so frustrating today as i have been doing so well for so long, i wonder if i need to up my meds a bit more x
    • Posted

i am on citralopram only 10mg its brilliant and has made a massive difference to me but my dr did say i may need to up it slightly as you can have up to 40mg for anxiety but i am trying not to go down that road if i can help it, i really think i am just having an off day xx

• Posted

Ooh are you hun I'm on 50mg of sertaline and beta blockers too I only started them last week x
    • Posted

i had beta blockers before the citrapram as i was trying to deal with the anxiety myself but it was the racing heart and symptons that freaked me out more so we tried that but i still needed extra help when the citralopram lkicked in i stopped the beta blockers as i knew myself i didnt really need them x
    • Posted

Yeah that's what I'm on beta blockers for cos of my heart used to beat out of my chest iv been to hospital four times with it as I didn't know at the time it was anxiety, yeah the symptoms are really scary I always think something bad will happen, it's crazy what it does to you and makes you feel x
  • Posted

I am exactly the same, for no reason what so ever I get tense and achey and irritable
  • Posted

Hello kezzieuk

Having had a lifetime problem with nervousness/anxiety, I have come to the conclusion that some of us are born with these anxiety genes.  However it takes time for us to become aware of what it is all aboout.  As I have posted before, I have had to override severe/ bad patches, and in spite of it all I have achieved/done many things which I never thought would be in my grasp,  I worked until I was  67, raised four children (partly as a single mother) and they have all turned out magnificently.....but I am aware that they all have a streak of this nervousness/anxiety somewhere in their bodies.  They are all high achievers, but even so I still see signs of insecurity.  Strange!  I also seem to give off signs of being very confident/clever, but underneath I am often feeling like the proverbial swan "elegant, but paddling frantically below the surface."  I could almost write a book, so take heart.  Keep positive, take meds if necessary, and try to relax your body.  Inner tension brings on anxiety/panic attacks.  I am obviously not a doctor and can only write of my own opinions, but there is so much more help available today, whereas years ago sufferers were mostly told to "pull themselves together".

Good luck, and keep posting of your progress.

so take heart,

• Posted

I get this all the time and Iv never understood the reasons for it. I can be watching tv and just all of a sudden I get that out of body feeling. Also happens when I sit in lectures at uni or when I'm at work. I just try to keep my mind of it but it can be so horrible and annoying not knowing why or when it's going to happen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.