does apixiban cause levels of iron to drop

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I have high levels of iron but since taking thinners from December my level has come down considerably.  Before I go into panic mode over internal bleeding, do blood thinners have an effect on iron levels  Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have been taking apixiban since the 20th January and my iron levels have been fine.  I recently had them checked as I was considering giving blood.  Although my iron levels were fine when I had them checked last week I was advised that this could be a very common side effect.  But I would suggest getting them checked by your GP is you are worried.
    • Posted

Hi Susan, thanks for replying.  I was not told about this side effect and could not really clarify it from googling, so good to know it could be.  I had high iron anyway so it is sitll a bit too high.  Was just bit worried in case there was no reason for it.  Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.