Does Apple Cider Vinegar cure hives?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone, I have this condition called, Chronic Cold Hives. This means that whenever I am outside and it is cold, typically bellow 55 degrees F, or swimming in cold water my skin breaks out in hives. It is not major however it does bother me because I can never go outside in the cold without my skin breaking out with hives. To control it, I take an antihistamine, Zyrtec once a day. I do not need it so if I have to go with out it, I can, but I take it anyway because my hives do look sort of weird. I have heard of hives eventually go away, and typically in some ones 20's. I am 15 y/o by the way. So, I was wondering if drinking Apple Cider Vinegar everyday will eventually cure my hives. I have looked this up before but I could not find a straight answer on what it specifically does.

Does it cure my hives for good and just lessen the symptoms over time?

Does it just relieve the itching?

I am tired of having to deal with this condition and its ruining everything because it is always on my mind. Will drinking Apple Cider Vinegar cure my Chronic Cold Hives?

Also, my hives are idiopathic so I don't know why I have them. I've had them for about 2 years now. Finally, the way that I would take the Apple Cider Vinegar is my putting 2 table spoons in a bottle of water.

Thanks in Advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wow dan I have never heard of the cider vinegar drink before. I would be concerned what it was doing to my stomach. Where have you read this? My hives is the opposite and reacts to heat even in nit so sunny England. There goes all my lovely holiday abroad. Mine just came in February this year and have disappeared in August. I was so ill with it. It also caused all my face to swell that I was always rushed to hospital. The only thing I do know is that before I came ill I was suffering from a lot of stress. I thought I was doing ok but my body maybe was telling me something else. I really feel for you, as it’s awful your only young and I know how it feels to have no real answers. This is why I wish we had more research as it make people with this condition take there illness into their own hands. I would talk to your doctor or whoever you see about your hives and ask if it’s ok to drink this vinegar and also how often? The last thing you want is a really bad stomach. My daughter is your age and I know just how important your social life is. This condition really does control what you do. Read up on here to see what people have tried and home remedies that won’t be nasty. I usedalso a menthol cream to cool mine, they must do one to heat to help relieve the itch.  Have they given you any meds’ or is it only now and then. 
  • Posted

Hi Dan

Have you tried the Apple Cider Vinegar yet..  I have heard this too.  It's suppose to .be good for us.  Are your hives any better?

• Posted

No, I have not tried it yet. I have heard many positives about drinking apple cider vinegar, but also a few negatives such as thst it may give you a sensitive stomach, etc. If I try it, I'll let you know, but if you try it can you let me know?

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.