Does Botox help head and face sweating??

Posted , 4 users are following.

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK USING BOTOX FOR HYPERHIDROSIS? AND, was it used on your face and/or head?? I'm desperate to get my life back!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

There are two very good Facebook groups if nothing come up here. There is lots of info about Botox. This stupid system will not allow me to copy and paste the address, sorry. One is a UK group. A search will bring them up. I have no experience myself, sorry.

• Posted

THANKS!! I appreciate the info!! Do you happen to know the names of the FB groups? As I live in the US, the one in the UK will help with info, but one in America will have info that has been given the okay by the FDA. Sometimes i see things in the UK being used years before it is approved by the FDA. I know, they are looking out for us, but it sometimes gets frustrating!

Anyway, any info you can provide will be much appreciated! My head and face excessive sweating literally rules my life, and I rarely leave my house anymore...

• Posted

HI, One is Hyperhydrosis Support Group and the other Hyperdrosis Suffers Unite. As you are in the States there may be more in Fb. There is also an International Hyperhydrosis Society. Google will reveal all.

• Posted

BTW, Why you on here if you live in USA?

• Posted

Have you tried Pro banthine pills? These are only available on prescription. They have worked pretty well for me for over 20 years. Not a complete solution, but they work to a sufficient degree and enough of the time to really reduce my severe anxiousness about sweating. I have never tried Botox though and not sure I would want to, but good luck with your search!

• Posted

I tried it a couple of years ago $300 and it didn't work. I'm trying a new Dr. on Monday and I'll keep you posted.

• Posted

THANK YOU!! I look forward to hearing what happens for you! GOOD LUCK!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.