Does BP usually do this ?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

so i know i posted before but i got a new topic. My bp seems to be high then goes low. im on 8mg being bumped from 4mg for 4 daus now. so i prob screwed up by having ribfest today with sushi in the morning . so i did my bp which read 150/95 an hour ago thats after walking into walmart anf waiting 5mins then doing it . after waiting another 5 mins it was 141/86 . also at what blood pressure does jt cause headaches or is that my anxiety

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i also might add this morning my reading was 120/82 . and i am overweight but have been super active my whole life from playing soccer for 9 years to loosing 120lbs to going to the gym alot

• Posted

Hi Brandon, me again. If your BP goes down to normal ranges when you're quiet, you're really still in reasonably good shape, as far as the BP goes.

Now, because of your weight, just walking around may be raising your BP faster and higher than it would for average folks. If I walked across Walmart carrying two 5-gallon water bottles I still wouldn't weigh what you do, but I'm sure my BP would register high for ten or fifteen minutes!

I doubt there's anything additional in the way of drugs that would make that any better - when your body does a lot of work it NEEDS that extra blood pressure to keep everything moving.

• Posted

... and even your high numbers aren't crazy high, if you were getting 180/120 or something, even when active, that might start to be worrisome. I mean you can get that if you start doing weight training (!) and you're holding 200 pounds over your head, but probably shouldn't get that just walking around.

• Posted

yeah i dont get near that walking around . mabey its my salt in take .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.