Does burning mouth syndrome ever go away?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I read that it rarely simply disappears. I hate the feeling, and don't know what is causing it. I cannot get a doc appt because of covid! It has been only a bit over a week 😦 Anyone woth that or anyone who had it and simply resolved?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

Yes, it does go away. However it can last for 6 months to a year sometimes, but it does eventually go away. Unbalanced hormones (peri-menopause) can cause it. Sorry you are having to deal with this. I am sending a prayer your way.

• Posted

Thank you tons! I can't even go and see mu GP for this because of covid and anxiety is spiking! Reassurance helps!

• Edited

Yes it does go away. I had it last month, was ongoing for two weeks, felt like ive been burnt in my mouth by hot food. I also had lump in the throat sensation. Honestly i can relate what you are going thru, but rest assured it does dissappear out of the blue.

• Edited

I am currently going this as well. I feel like I burned myself on the tip of my tongue and since yesterday I have been having this odd salty taste sensation in my mouth. Anyone else have this salty taste?

• Edited

I am sorry to hear you are having such problems as well. My mouth and throat and ears also have random changes in feeling and taste. I haven't had salty taste yet, but taste gets altered with the burnt feeling. I hope it goes away soon.

• Posted

Do you still have the burning mouth? i have it and it has never gone away. its been about 9 years now. docs don't know how to take care of it! ugh!!!

• Posted

Hello,

I had burning mouth when all of this menopause crazy stuff started. I went to dentists and doctors, no one could figure it out. I tried everything, nothing helped. Mine lasted a year or more and will sometimes still flair up, but doesn't last as long. When I finally realized it had to be part of the hormone imbalance going on in my body, I had to accept it and live with it until it passed. Menopause is definitely a crazy time and affects each of us differently. Hope this symptom passes quickly for you.

GOD Bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.