Does caffeine have any effect (positive or negative) for you?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've noticed that a small amount of caffeine, such as found in weak black tea, gives me temporary relief from my fatigue. I stopped drinking coffee many years ago because it made me nauseous and foggy-brained rather than stimulating, but I'm fine with black tea. I know it's probably not healthy to use caffeine in this way as the effect is only temporary and it's another toxin the body has to work to eliminate, but I'm curious if anyone else has had positive experiences with it. Sometimes I'm just desperate to feel normal for a change and a cup of hot black tea can do that. (It can also make my IBS worse though, due to the stimulant effect, so it's a tradeoff.)

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My take is that it makes me feel "better" because it feels like having more energy. But I don't.

So it's fake energy and will come back to bite me in the assssss......

• Posted

I have stopped drinking coffee recently for other reasons, but I usually drink a black tea in the morning an hour or so after I get up as I find this kickstarts some energy in my body for the day. I know some would say this is the fake energy stuff, but by drinking it, it's like it's starts up my engine and keeps me going for far longer than if I hadn't drank it.

• Posted

In the morning, yes. You should have energy.

He/she talking about "relief from my fatigue" so I took it as when tired.

• Posted

Hi LaszloLH,

I also took 'relief from my fatigue' to mean a reduction in tiredness and the symptoms of CFS/ME.

Have you/anyone else tried a drink called Purdey's? I like the taste, but drinking it also gives me an energy boost that doesn't come from caffeine.

• Posted

I am in Canada and it seem t be almost $10 /bottle.

Could it be the sugar in it?

If I were you, I would try to see what is in that that helps.

• Posted

I'm also unable to drink coffee as it gives me palpitations but can tolerate weak black tea in small amounts. One thing I've started having for an energy boost is a hot chocolate made using organic raw cacao powder and not the processed, sweetened cocoa powder you get in supermarkets. It's got magnesium in it which is good for energy and tastes good too!

• Posted

I will be completely honest with you, I hate coffee and for some reason I end up feeling awful after a cup of coffee. But with the amount of stress I have at work, I had no choice but to find a source of caffeine that will give me the concentration I needed and the energy boost without the side effects of unpleasant feeling of coffee. Luckily I found a 100% natural supplement and am loving it!

And the best part is as it is all natural, it has no negative side effects on the liver or kidneys

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.