Does chronic pancreatitis change urine color?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was wondering whether chronic pancreatitis affects urine color at all?

I noticed that my urine has been more yellow.  

However I have tested negative to bilirubin so this is not the cause of the yellow color.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have CP, and was diagnosed at 29. I'm now 34, and seem to be getting sicker by the day. I've had 14 hospitalizations in the last 5 years. The stomach pain is so severe sometimes that I can't stand up straight, and the back is equally poor. Keeping food down has also become increasingly difficult and I have most of the prediabetic symptoms including the inability to heal, and my urine has become so increasingly terrifying to look at, that I can't even seem to want to hydrate. And I know have such a deathly fear of hospitals that I can't even bare to call my GP. And so I have turned back to the part that landed me here in the first place, drinking, after three years of sobriety.

I'm scared. And I don't know what to do.

• Posted

Hello. Unread your story and indeed you should really go see your primary doctor as well as a GO doctor asap. This disease is no joke. I was diagnosed last year with it. While my symptoms are not as bad as yours, I know it's nothing to mess around with. You should also leave the alcohol alone. I know you are stressed but drinking will only make matters worse. Please go see a doctor!

• Posted

I meant to say that I read your story and that you should go see a GI doctor. Not a GO doctor . Forgive the spelling errors.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.