Does Counselling make you tired and leave with a headache.

Posted , 3 users are following.

had my first session today, come out feeling that there is nothing can be done, just learn how put in extra care for my stresses and me time. I've got a stinking headache and feels low now.  When does it get better? I'm not sure how long this can last, I've felt like this since October last year, it should be getting better.  I don't know how long I can keep going.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shar Shar....Yes, I definitely think therapy sessions can be pretty draining and can result in the way you're feeling.Try to be patient,as all the stuff that brought you into counselling can't be undone in one session...For me it's been a life saver.Hang in there and give it a little time x
  • Posted

it can be emotionally draining. It really depends what you discuss. However as you progress and sort through your problems it should become easier. Do you feel like your sorting through stuff.  It should be a manes to an end but some people have a lot of problems and it can take years if you've been through a lot in life.
    • Posted

One part of my depression will end badly, I can't do anything about it! Mum my has an terminal illness, I can't do anything about that. The others are work and other members health. Just feel there no answer, so what can I do? That's the hard bit. 
  • Posted

Yes it does, I have to go back to bed on occasions. It does get easier, but you do need to stick It. Hugs xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.