Does depoprovera injection cause palpitations and some pain in the chest that comes and goes?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does Depo provera cause palpitations on and off and chest pain that comes and goes?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would say not. My daughter has been on it for 5 years, and has never said anything about that side effect. My friend was on it for 20 years, then went right into menopause. She didn't have any problem either. Did you have anxiety before the shot. That's the question, and that will answer your question.

• Posted

Hello I am sorry but, I know nothing about depoprovera injections.

I cannot help you on this one.

Jackie

• Posted

hello

chest pain, sudden cough, wheezing, rapid breathing, coughing up blood;

pain, swelling, warmth, or redness in one or both legs;

fever;etc are common side effects

This medication may rarely cause serious (sometimes fatal) problems from blood clots (such as deep vein thrombosis, heart attack, pulmonary embolism, stroke). Get medical help right away if you have: shortness of breath/rapid breathing, chest/jaw/left arm pain, unusual sweating, confusion, sudden dizziness/fainting, pain/swelling/warmth in the groin/calf, sudden/severe headaches, slurred speech, weakness on one side of the body, sudden vision changes.

Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects..

be safe

• Posted

I had taken unfortunately Depo-Provera Depo-Provera the shots for 5 years straight for stopping severe bleeding and it was the biggest mistake of my life I had rapid heartbeat pulsations that felt like you were standing behind a giant speaker woofer and you can feel Sensations in your body in your arms pulsation your heart beating and pounding in your skin and it was so bad where I could not lie flat in a bed I live in a couch sitting up completely for 17 years now it's the worst drug that anybody could ever give a child let alone any adult either and I would severely caution anybody who wants to take this drug specifically by shot just take normal birth control pills I do not recommend this drug yes you can get severe heart pulsations and they do not go away they are permanent and the longer you take this crap drug the longer the effects are to your body and I'm 31 years old and I feel like I'm a six-year-old woman and I'm on disability now because of that it ruined my life

• Posted

I am 30 years old and recently got the shot once in november. I have had rapid fast heart rates and palpations something i never had before. I only got the shot once and never again it has tramatized me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.