Does Frozen Shoulder also have a painful elbow?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a Frozen Shoulder, but I also have a painful elbow... Are the two linked?

Actually my forearm aches as well. So painful at night that I can not sleep a night in a long time.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My surgeon told me that the elbow pain I experienced before and after surgery was not related to the shoulder issue.  It was definitely classic tennis elbow symptoms and I found using my hand painful.  However, I disagree, because it only arrived following the shoulder problems, and admittedly quite a way down the line, when recovery was well under way from shoulder surgery, the elbow symptoms subsided.  I also had a painful forearm that cleared up subsequently.
    • Posted

jaycee, I am currently going to physical therapy as recommended, but I have also started accupuncture for my shoulder.  This girl knows her stuff!  She follows the muscles down my arm and up my arm and even my pecks.  She can feel the knots and adhesions, and feels they are related- unlike other peoples opinions.  Her working on the entire area- shoulder, pecks, total arm last night really helped my shoulder pain as well.  My physical therapist said the tens machine would be ok to feel better but not the accupuncture.  It is also out of my own $$ but at this point I am willing to try or believe anything will help.  Right now I think- no- believe this will work!  The Accupuncture girl said usually eight treatments will be required to help me be able to gain the mobility back by myself. I will see her 2 times a week. Last night was my second treatment.  So for now I will keep this a secret from my doctors and Physical Therapist.  Two down... (by the way- no shoulder pain in bed last night- up early but I really didn't mind!)

• Posted

Crystale, I think you get to a point where you will try anything.  I did try acupuncture from a very experienced chinese lady, who also used 'wet cupping' and although had a bit of relief from this and the elbow issue improved, the best I thought for the night pain was from a sports masseur who did a bit of very deep massage into my shoulder joint.  Saying that, I had a horrible night last night with pain in my shoulder and elbow and pins and needles in my hand so it still comes back to haunt me from time to time.  Keep on with the acupuncture if it's helping.  I have used it many times in the past for other ailments and its infinitely better than popping pills if it works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.