Does generalised anxiety ever go away?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I've been suffering anxiety for about 2 years now, I have been trying to deal with this the best way I can,I've tried, reiki, meditation, EFT, natural therapies, only recently it is worse, normally I have to just force myself to just get on with it, until now, I feel my body is just exhausted, I'm not sleeping well an haven't had a decent night sleep for god knows how long, an the anxiety seems to be there constantly, I am due to be seeing the doctor on Monday, as feel I cannot cope, an can't seem to do anything without feeling knackered, I really don't want to go on medication, but what other choice have I got? I'm afraid I ll end up on meds for the rest of my life!! Does anyone have any advice for me?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

If you feel you need Meds then give them a try they may work well for you and it certainly does not mean you will be on them for life good luck
    • Posted

Thanks marilyn, I'll speak with the doctor an decide what next, as this is no life!
  • Posted

I'm suffering with anxiety for last one year I try to cope without any medicine it's really hard but it's all in your mind and how you control it I was feeling ok but about week ago my mum past away and my anxiety come back again it's really hard to focus but I'm trying my best one thing halp me it's harbal medicine have you try some harbal medicine
    • Posted

I've been trying to deal with it, but my body is saying just stop now, all too exhausting. Yes have tried natural, just out of interest what herbal medicine do you take? Sorry to hear about your mum.
  • Posted

hey, i've tried with meds, without meds, meds changing a lot over the years, settled on some now that don't kill the anxiety completely, but i had, and sometimes still have episodes where i have lost control of bodily functions, that's how bad it gets for me, been like this since way before diagnosis 15 years ago, i just managed to hide things and cope better for many years prior, i also have tinnitus, that doesn't help matters either as it gets worse the more stressed i feel, and end up saying "pardon"? a lot, best of luck to you, i hope you find a way to relax or find a solution.
    • Posted

Me too, thanks. My anxiety seems to be continuous an just sick sick sick of the feeling!!!! Poor you...I've heard Hopi ear candles can help with tinnitus....anxiety is awful, an unless you suffer people have no idea, I only found this site today an didn't realise the amount of people that suffer with it, feel like I'm abnormal at times!!
  • Posted

Hi

you sound very similar to myself. I have struggled with anxiety for the last 3 years and tried every natural method available but got to the point where I got so fatigued I tried meds as a last resort. I have tried 3 now and sertaline which I am on seems to fit me well and I now have a lot more energy. I now try and read a lot to focus my mind. I'm not how I used to be but at last start feeling like I can start getting my life back on track. I suppose you just have to give them a try and don't feel anxious about taking them. I hope you start feeling better soon.

• Posted

Thanks. I hope you manage to continue getting your life back on track, not easy is it, but it's good to know that they are working for you, I think I ll try to read more to focus my mind see whether that helps too, thanks.
  • Posted

Trying something and believing in it to a change of thoughts completely are two different things. Cbt would be the most useful and important tool you can learn and utilize.then mindfullness techniques..proper breathing. Then while studying and learning cbt start a healthy diet, look into diets good for the liver and drink fresh juices and water. Its a mind, body and soul recovery. Its retraining your brain that is filled with pessimism and negative thoughts. Meditation is good but until you are calm or have the panic under control isnt effective. Cbt is effective but you need to learn to truly listen and apply the knowledge. Hearing the stuff is not listening. I used to hear many anxiety books and audio but never listened so it ws useless. I listened to the cbt audio i got everyday for a month while walking along with a book mind body healing. Every single dau. Finally heloed enough for me to do meditation in the first olace, i use healing energy meditatiins, i like it. It is a cinstant battle within for some reason. Almost oike that area of the brain hs been damaged by some virus, who knows but keeping a poisitive attitude and honestly not giving into to self talk even for a minute of negative really helps a lot. So etimes short term meds are needed because the whole body is so frazzled, but learn cbt if your on meds and learn how to properly breathe and have a healthy diet so when you wean off meds you can and will emerge a comokete person. This is not easy and there is no quick fix at all. It sucks at times. Stress will take a toll on your body eventually no happy person ever had heart issues in their old age, so yes dont give up and please hearing and listening are nit. The same things. I have learned that myself.
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice , I will look into the cbt .......my diet has been really bad for weeks now due to a new job working shifts, so I shall look at all the foods I should be eating, it was really interesting you saying about the liver as a few weeks ago I went to a meditation session an someone was there who's detoxing was showing me some information on analysis of the eyes she compared mine to a chart she had an said they indicated towards the liver, didn't think anything more of it until now, I shall be on my healthy diet from tomorrow. Thanks
  • Posted

Sorry abut the terrible typos, hard to type on the little keypad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.