Does Generalized anxiety disorder make people tired

Posted , 3 users are following.

I feel like I can wear out fast and when I sleep I can sleep for like 10h to 12h straight. I am also on medication, paxil 40mg, and welbutrin because of the side effect of paxil of low sex drive. Does anyone else feel tired all the time I always have to push myself to get things done.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ray, I suffer with depression and anxiety and panic disorders and before meds I either didn't sleep for more than 2 hours a night for days on end or I slept up to 16 hours with no trouble but then I'd feel so rough when I woke up and still be tired all day.

I'm on venlafaxine 150mg and Propranolol 80mg, I used to take them on a morning and found myself yawning all the time (side effect) and feeling so tired everyday and id be getting 7+ hours sleep a night. I slowly moved my dose later and later until now I take them at night and its made such a big improvement, I now sleep for more regular amounts of time, wake early feeling refreshed with much more 'get up and go'.

I've not felt this good in ages. Maybe try moving your dose to a later time if you take them in a morning??? Just an idea.

Danielle

• Posted

Thanks so much Danielle this is great information I will try taking it at night  it might help do the trick. I never did try Propranolol before do you find that helps with anxiety I never hurd of that medication before. I dont think it is common like Venlafaxine or paxil. Is there lot of side efffects on Propranolol?
    • Posted

No this is the first time I've been on Propranolol aswel, it did have side effects at first (like all meds) but after a few days it really kicked in well.

I did start on 3x 40mg tablets a day but moved onto the 80mg slow release and I can take that up to twice a day when I need it.

I cant really say if it's propranolol or venlafaxine that helps with the anxiety but either way it has decreased dramatically but hasn't disappeared all together, I still get a bit on a night but not enough to stop me drifting off to sleep after a while, it's just the case of having to read or something until I'm tired enough to sleep, which to be fair doesn't take me long.

Anyway, let me know how the difference in timing your meds for night goes, I hope it benefits you as much as it has me.

Danielle

• Posted

No I've not tried paxil but I know what you mean about the side effects on the sex life, my libido has dropped significantly and It seems I can no longer orgasm so I don't know what to do about that
    • Posted

I was told if you add wellbutrin to your medication it will combat the sexual side effects.
    • Posted

What is wellbutrin?

can I take that with my current meds and are there any side effects?

• Posted

Hi Ray, I suffered bad anxiety, depression and palpitations during panic attacks which were so frightening and cardiologist gave me Propananol (Half Inderal LA) a slow release beta blocker. I was ever so dubious re taking heart meds, but it certainly worked well as  it stopped the palpitations. Anxiety/depression still reigned but this med is designed to relieve some anxiety. Unsure how. Good luck
    • Posted

Thanks brummiebabe I am going to ask my doctor about this medication he might try me on it is there any sexual side effects that come with it. I know paxil does. I am unsure if the paxil is what makes me tired or the General anxiety because stress can wear down the body as well.
  • Posted

Not know of sexual probs with Propananol. Why dont u google it? I think all anti depressants and drugs for anxiety make us sleepy as they are designed to slow us down. Take care
    • Posted

Anti anxiety basically slows us down, but the anti depressants are not supposed to. Do you think the medicine is making you tired, or do you feel like that when you are not treated?
    • Posted

Hi misse995 I feel like when I am being treated with antidepressants or not I am always tired. When I am not on medication I can not sleep, eat, mind racing, dizzy, and cant stop even though I am exhaust. When I am on medication which I am never going back off of I am normal but like to sleep more. I do like going to the gym and maybe I am over doing it there because the more I train the more burnt out I get, but I did take a week off and still pretty tired. If you dont mind me asking what do you use for medication I use paxil 40mg and wellbutrin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.