Does gerd cause food to come back into throat while your eating ' like instantly after its swallowed

Posted , 2 users are following.

this is my problem I eat my meal and the first 5 6 mouthfuls go down my esophagus then what's swallowed starts to come back up again , so when I continue to eat my meal its like the food just swallowed and on it's way down my throat starts to met the food already swallowed that's coming back up .

I thought gerd was acid reflux and happened a while after eating this is instant

help I'm going crazy I'm so anxious waiting for all these tests

in the mean time I'm loosing my mind over this

and it all started a week ago out of the blue ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi allison, i know what youre going through im the same when i eat and it takes me ages to finish a meal, hence i dont tend to eat out much. i would also feel nausea if i didnt rest completely for a couple of hours after dating. im on ppis the past few years and nog much help except with heartburn but still get the usual regurgitation after eating. im due for an dndescopy soon, my third one in 7 yrs or so and take it from there

• Posted

hi thanks for replying

it's the worst feeling omg I never had gerd before and now I understand why people complain about it, horrible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.