Does having Fibromyalgia after shoulder surgery delay the healing process?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i am wondering if having had Fibromyalgia for over eight years now and having had shoulder surgery back in September and still not having full mobility in my sideways arm movement .Could this be due to Fibromyalgia. Any comment s welcome as I am going nuts at the moment stuck at home not able to drive or work. How long can it take to get back to normal??????

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Um, I feel that by posting this I am being completly unhelpful but the answer to your question is YES. Fibro delays healing in every instance I can think of and as far as how long it delays really depends on how severe your case is and where your trigger points are. I'm sorry that I cannot give good news or even a guess as I have never had shoulder surgery. I hope you start feeling better soon.
    • Posted

Thanks for your kind wishes it seems this is taking forever .I used be so active and busy
  • Posted

Hi pollmadoll64 I have found that since having fibro, If Im ill with anything it takes longer to recover, Ive also noticed from my own experiences that fibro makes things worse when Im ill with something else.it makes what ever Im ill with 10x worse.fibro most definitly doesnt help when we are recovering from illness or surjury. take care
  • Edited

Hi There

on the 20th of January this year I had operation to repair hiatus hernia and top half of stomach wrapped around oesophagus and stitched into place called nissen.s fundoplication I still am healing from that operation and I have had fibromyalgia for about 20 years or more also I have a very weak immune system and due to steroid imjections for arthritis I am also a slow healer.

• Posted

Hi pollmadoll64,

Hi I do not know but I've been told I have arthritis in both shoulders now not happy as in agony only pain relief morphine works to ease it a bit.

Diligent500.

• Edited

It has been 6 months since my "moderate rotator cuff tear" surgery. Some days I have near full range of motion, but I still am very weak. This is despite extensive physical therapy. I think recovery is so difficult because after being immobile for so long, it has taken awhile to unlock my shoulder and back muscles.

I am seeing an osteopath every 1-2 weeks, which seems to help the most. But it seems that for every two steps forward, I have a flare and it is 1-2 steps back. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.