Does having unprotected sex with another herpes suffer cause an outbreak

Posted , 5 users are following.

There is one thing I have searched all over the web for with no luck! Something I have experienced which may just be a conincidence but after having unprotected sex with other HPV sufferers I have then had an outbreak (this has only happened on 2 occasions) however I don't believe at the time they were having an outbreak so does this mean I need to avoid having unprotected sex with herpes sufferers altogether (out break or not) I'm really frustrated, uncomfortable and just pretty annoyed TBH

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's a good question! I've always wondered about catching different strains of this infection from other people. The tv show "The Dr's" said you don't have to worry about it but i disagreed even then when i saw the clip.

If there are different strains of the flu, cold etc then I'm inclined to think there are different strains of this thing...

Ugh...i don't wanna catch a super strain of this mess...

• Posted

So are you saying you only had unprotected sex twice with HSV sufferers and both times you had an outbreak. Or did you have unprotected sex multiple times but 2 of the multiple times you have an outbreak??
  • Posted

some people experience outbreaks with sex alone, no matter if they are protected or not, or if they do it with sufferers. That being said (and I can't just not say it), having herpes make you a lot more at risk to catch anything else, especially HIV. Blood, semen, fluids can carry the virus and sores takes a lot of the immune cells to heal (even a long time after they are gone) so your body almost never has its full power to fight back. Why would you risk that? I can't stress enough that you already have something that can't be cured, unlike other sexually transmitted deceases, and this one make you a very big and flashy target for any other deceases, some that can be cured, some that can't... Please, protect yourself, even with a partner that has herpes too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.