does IC flare up during or before period?

Posted , 3 users are following.

it seems like almost everytime i have my period or just before it i just to get bladder pressure and frequent urination. i know its not a uti because ive been going to doctor often with this problem and usually its on or right before my period and they say its a uti (because of blood in my urine) they giveme antibiotics which i take and i still feel the same symptoms or sometimes they give me the antibiotics and i just never take em and symptoms go away. i havent officially been diagnosed with IC but i know thats the case. so is it possible to feel symptoms close to your period?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello, It is possible although everyone is different. I do get these same pains before my period and I have been diagnosed with IC. I was having many other symptoms other than just this before I was diagnosed though. I would make an appointment with a urologist to hopefully get a better idea of what is going on. The urologist can run more test to rule out infection. I also recommend taking d mannose powder in water in the mornings or at night when you are having these types of pains. D mannose has helped me quite a bit. Hope you feel better.

• Posted

Hi Shae I am similar to you. I haven't been diagnosed because my urine comes back negative and urologist can't seem to find any issues with the inside of my bladder. I seem to get more pain a couple of days before my period and a couple after.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.