Does ice cream dark chocolate affect GERD

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have had gerd acid reflux many years i am currently having a flare up and i do eat ice cream and dark chocolate does thos affect gerd ?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi yes most definitely does for me

• Posted

you do forget and all ilimination with gerd not fare as i keep healthy but soon as i have a treat flare up . i live like a saint already !!

• Posted

Chocolate is known to trigger GERD. Ice cream tends to depend on the individual, but certainly can. Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

thanks thought so i am very careful but we in spain fir few month so consuption gone up it was a bitter taste and nausea but stop yesterday so hoping calm down . i do eat healthy but cherry oranges here fab but a no no with gerd !!i thought dark choc ok but obviously not

• Posted

that's the worst combo you can do for Gerd. Take liquid carafate and gaviscon to calm it down and heal it.

• Posted

depends on the ice cream im okey with mint and this box of 3 flavours but if i have chocolate icecream or bens jerry i feel sick

i love dark chocolate once in a whole not gunner kill u

i get gerd by water

• Posted

thanks sometime nice to get reassurance from this forum as i have had camera up down confirmed gerd but still flare up yes i can bring up water too if i am acid. today better as stop it all

• Posted

I have noticed that when I OVEREAT ANYTHING the GERD is bad. I am overweight and have a hernia though.

The dark chocolate can most definitely cause discomfort. Since you are on a special trip and want to try different things, I would just chew some antacids like Tums before and after so that the discomfort is minimal. Of course you need to make sure that taking antacids doesn't interfere with any other medications you are using.

Enjoy your vacation!

• Posted

thanks michelle does get one down ar times thanks for advice . a hernia not pleasent my sympathys I did wonder if i have one higher up but had cameras up down but i still worry each time i get the bitter taste in mouth nausea acid with cancer in my family i do have health anxeties my mum died larynx cancer x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.