Does it ever go away?

Posted , 4 users are following.

feeling a little rubbish at the min..need reassurance that this will get better.. I had been on 10mg for 4 weeks and past 4 weeks I have been on 20mg.. when I upped doses I felt no different to been on 10..actually felt half normal..past 5 or 6 days I feel unsettled with the intrusive thoughts are returning. I'm scared I'm gonna lose control..tell me does this ever go away..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI Laura

YES it does get better. It usually takes about 4-6 weeks from initially taking or increasing dose and I found that my anxiety got worse before it got better. Stick with it you will get there. Sending hugs

• Posted

thank u.I just dont understand d why after 4 weeks the anxiety returned.. I have had a horrible week with my divorce in court and a cold so not sure if that has started it again. I expected the first few weeks of the I crease to affect me but it didnt just comin up to the 4 weeks.

• Posted

all I can tell you is that it will go away. recovery is not a straight line it is a wave. you will have moments like this that can last few days or even a week or so. your monthly cycle will influence it unfortunately as well as any stressors in your life and seems like you had some, this is because you a vulnerable still. I am a two time citalopram veteran lol. it takes time, the fact that you have already seen some improvements that means medication is definetely working. what you are having now is a blip probably triggered by the cold and other stressors. its normal to feel like you are going crazy and losing control its anxiety we all felt the same. every time you increase a dose it starts to stabilize all over again unfortunately so count the recovery for the last time you increased. this time round it took me 8 weeks to feel better I am still not there but slowly we will recover.

• Posted

that's so reassuring to hear..just feels like it wont ever go away... I'm 31 days on the 20 mg dose.. glad your getting there slowly.. I tell myself one day at a time xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.